The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

wideband selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowens1414

Proven Member
Oct 30, 2012
Bradenton, Florida
Well Gentlemen, the time has come. i was pegged by a cop for bad inspection because of no o2 sensor. i plan on tuning come spring. It is said i need wideband no questions asked to tune. in my sights im liking the lc-1 setup due to the engine monitering system that plugs into a laptop. basically im asking your opinions so fire away. thanks

I have been running the lc-1 for 3 years now and it has been great. You can go with AEM, Zietronix as well. They are all good wide bands that many members use. It's one of them things where you pick a brand they all perform well.

I have an Innovate MTX-L, replaced my AEM.
Both were good WBO2s but the Innovate logs with ECMLink easier (no messing around like the AEM).

I have used the LC-1 and AEM(current). Both no problems at all. I would get the LC-1 if I was going to buy again just cause its more DSMlink user friendly but the AEM does work just fine once you make proper adjustments.

Innovate is the best choice hands down! LC2/MTXL both have better refresh rates than AEM, play perfectly with Link and Flash ECUs, and support two analog outputs to run narrowband-sim and log via the ECU simultaneously (AEM only supports one). The MTXL can also have the display range adjusted to show the sensors full range (7.35-22.4, not 100% sure if LC2 can do this) whereas the AEM will only display 10-22 (I believe it will show full range when logging though). Only downside I can think of is with the LC2 you still have to buy an actual gauge for the LC2 separate from the controller (somebody correct me if I'm wrong), which I feel is kinda weak-sauce as everything else is ready to rock out of the box... That said, they are imho currently the best affordable option for our platform without question.

Love the LC-1, and the fact the gauge was 10 bucks extra.

Don't know about the LC2 but I'm not sure how it could possibly be better.

It's my understanding that the LC-1 has been replaced by the LC-2. I have an LC-2 with gauge waiting to be installed in about another month or so.

Used to have AEM, worked fine but i liked Innovate's ability to output both wideband and narrowband simultaneously. AEM can output both but not simultaneously

Innovate is the best choice hands down! LC2/MTXL both have better refresh rates than AEM, play perfectly with Link and Flash ECUs, and support two analog outputs to run narrowband-sim and log via the ECU simultaneously (AEM only supports one). The MTXL can also have the display range adjusted to show the sensors full range (7.35-22.4, not 100% sure if LC2 can do this) whereas the AEM will only display 10-22 (I believe it will show full range when logging though). Only downside I can think of is with the LC2 you still have to buy an actual gauge for the LC2 separate from the controller (somebody correct me if I'm wrong), which I feel is kinda weak-sauce as everything else is ready to rock out of the box... That said, they are imho currently the best affordable option for our platform without question.

I know this is a month old be got rid of my AEM and got the LC-2. I am going to hook it up to ECMlink (v3 full) how does it work to log in link AND read out on the gauge. DO you tee the wire, the other is for narrowband simulation only so I get that one.

Thanks!

I know this is a month old be got rid of my AEM and got the LC-2. I am going to hook it up to ECMlink (v3 full) how does it work to log in link AND read out on the gauge. DO you tee the wire, the other is for narrowband simulation only so I get that one.

Thanks!

The lc1-2 has two completely different connection wires. One for the gauge and one for the 5v signal wire to your ecu input you chose.
I’m ditching the aem in my evo and picked up a lc-2. I like the aem gauge but not how crappy it logs.

Brown wire from the Lc-2 sensor is connected to the pin 4 of the ECU, the yellow wire from the sensor is soldered to the white wire from the Gauge.

Reading on the web with a bunch of E8 error on the MTXL.... I am ditching it. I have the same problem with less then 8k miles of use on it. E8 states sensor malfunction, bought a new one. Same shit.

Anyone know if the LC2 body/ face will connect with the mtxl 02? Planning to just buy the LC2 face and swap it with the mtxl wires that connects to the o2 sensor so i don't have to buy a whole new unit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Innovate-DB...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e0f098f4&vxp=mtr

I've been using the AEM, it's about 8 or 9 years old, O2 sensor is about 3 years. Controller has gotten a bit flakey so I'm replacing it with a Zeitronix ZT-3 and I'm going to use the 5V wideband out with a resistor network to feed the rear O2 input to the ECU.

Supposely LC2 is the newer one of the two? With search on the web with so many e8 error's on the mtxl and lc1. I couldn't find any problems with the LC2.
Anybody chime in on this.

I have the UEGO, but it doesn't log accurately with Link. Thinking about switching to Innovative. Extreme has it for $190. My brother had one on his Turbo Integra 6years ago or so, and worked fine, but I do remember the gauge/screen acting up. Do not remember if it lost the screen completely or just pixels or w/e they're called.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back