The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Just wondering if this is common

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PandasBoost15lbs

Probationary Member
Apr 9, 2012
Edison, New_Jersey
I have a 97 gst . I've had her for about 2 years now.. Sumone please explaine to me the following.

ALTERNATOR ISSUES!!!??? I've had 4 replaced

GROUNDS BEING JACKED THE HELL UP

THERE'S THE ENGINE LIGHT !!!! I had the o2 sensor replaced it spaced out and (nadaaaaa) still illuminated LOL.

It's been sitting more then it's been driven!! Need Simone with a brain to give me some advise

THANX, BooSTED PANDA

are you running a smaller underdrive pulley? this can potentially burn your alternator. concerning the O_2 sensors once again are you are not running stock boost right? do you have a wide band?

For the CEL (check engine light) did you use a logger or a scan tool reader to find out what code it is?? if not your only playing the guessing game.

As for the alternator maybe someone else may shine some light on this subject.

Autozone alternators don't like the heat from the turbo. Get an OEM alternators, and fix your grounds.

You need to read what the code is, not guess.

I am running stock boost n as for LIQUID! I don't have a eom alternator in now!

checl the power steering pump for leaks.... this is a common problem why alternators burning off,is cause of the power steering fluid dripping on the alternator.....
another thing could be loose wire onnection on allternator,battery or fuse box. If any of the wires are loose,the in a short time of a period the voltage regulator inside the alternator goes bad.... whats your alternator output voltage? and the battery voltage while the car is running?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back