The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1998 black eagle talon tsi all wheel drive 5 speed for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redd2g

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 17, 2010
Union, New_Jersey
Hi guys i have a 1998 black eagle talon for sale its all wheel drive turbo. right now the car does not run i started taking it apart to put a bigger turbo on a big ported out 16G turbo which will come with the car i have the turbo fmic piping intake and a header. i am the third owner of the car.the car is in good condition the inside is very clean the back seats look like they were never sat in. the is a b ig dent on the back passenger side of the car above the tire where someone backed into it in a parking lot. the car has 194,000 miles on the body but the second owner said he put in a motor with 86,000 miles. the car ran fine i drove it home from up state NY which was a 4 hour drive and it did not give me any problems what so ever. i also have the talon front bumper and the eclipse front bumper which will both come with the car and i have a new oil pan since the second owner striped the plug trying to put it back in. the car does not drive it will ned to be towed home and right now it has two flat tires but it is on two spares but i need one back because one is my girlfiends. im asking $4,000 for the car im not trying to make any money on the car what so ever im just trying to get the money i spent for the car and the stuff i bought for the car back. if your intrested let me no my name is corey my cell is 908-619-7202 and my email is [email protected] thank you. i dont now how to add an image so if u text or email me i can show you pics thank you.

someone please buy this car. give me offers ill email or text you pics of the car

To be honest, the pictures you provided are pretty low resolution and from seeing the one that you said was when you first got it, it appears that you beat the ever loving tar out of that poor thing. I wouldn't pay much over 2000 for it in the shape it appears to be in. It looks beat, it has a lot of miles, it isn't running and it doesn't even have 4 good tires. Sorry.

Good Luck With Sale.

The car is in the same condition now as it was when I bought it it's just dirty. And it has 2 flat tires the car was never beat on and it was stock when I started taking it apart. So I never beat on it.

Hi guys i have a 1998 black eagle talon for sale its all wheel drive turbo. right now the car does not run i started taking it apart to put a bigger turbo on a big ported out 16G turbo which will come with the car i have the turbo fmic piping intake and a header.
Where did you get the 16G, and is it an MHI?
What has been taken apart?
Is the FMIC not included, just the piping for it? Or should there be a comma in between there?
When you say "intake", do you mean an intake manifold or a compressor intake tube?

i am the third owner of the car.the car is in good condition the inside is very clean the back seats look like they were never sat in. the is a b ig dent on the back passenger side of the car above the tire where someone backed into it in a parking lot.
Properly fixing that dent would add lots to the value. Damage to the Unibody structure is a big detractor.

the car has 194,000 miles on the body but the second owner said he put in a motor with 86,000 miles.
That's a lot of miles.
How many miles were put on with the new engine in the car?
Have receipts for it?
Can you prove it or is this just hearsay?

the car ran fine i drove it home from up state NY which was a 4 hour drive and it did not give me any problems what so ever. i also have the talon front bumper and the eclipse front bumper which will both come with the car and i have a new oil pan since the second owner striped the plug trying to put it back in.
Is the Talon bumper cut or broken anywhere?

the car does not drive it will ned to be towed home and right now it has two flat tires but it is on two spares but i need one back because one is my girlfiends.
It doesn't drive why?
You can get used tires from a tire shop for cheap with at least enough tread to roll the car around or drive it a few miles.

i dont now how to add an image so if u text or email me i can show you pics thank you.
I'll throw them up for you:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
The part of the car that was taken apart is the intake manifold but I couldn't get a bolt out so it pretty much on. I got the turbo from a shop in north jersey the fmic does cone with it along with a header intake tube and filter the piping for the fmic. I don't have any receipts for it the second owner told us that he put a newer motor in. I recall when we did a compression test it was good all the way across. The talon bumper isn't cut it just has scratchs underneath. And the oil pan bolts are stripped. I tried to replace the oil pan but couldn't get the old one off but I have a new one. There is surface rust under the car on the frame but I started to use a wire wheel to take it off and I was going to paint it black it's just hard when u don't have a lift.

Just make an offer and we can talk about it

I am looking for a awd project...from a buyer stand point it has to many miles, needs body work, motor work and your asking way to much. I have been looking for a couple months for the right car and I have seen running awd's with way less milage going for around 1500 bucks. although they need work ( like most) it is a good starting point for a full overhaul. Good luck with sale.

I am looking for a awd project...from a buyer stand point it has to many miles, needs body work, motor work and your asking way to much. I have been looking for a couple months for the right car and I have seen running awd's with way less milage going for around 1500 bucks. although they need work ( like most) it is a good starting point for a full overhaul. Good luck with sale.

must be pretty dope, here the cheapest you can pay for an AWD DSM not running is $2500. and then you still have the dreamer, by the ton, that try to sell them none running crappy lookin ones for like $3500-4000 WTF

The best place to find them are craigslist. alot of people dont know what they have. On sites like tuners people know what they are worth and try to sell a car that has seen hell and back for thousands. I have looked at dozens of awd cars in the past couple months and have passed on a few that I should have bought, its all part of the hunt. I am very picky and am looking for the right car. I have had my share of dsm's and to me it is worth the wait for the right one.

must be pretty dope, here the cheapest you can pay for an AWD DSM not running is $2500. and then you still have the dreamer, by the ton, that try to sell them none running crappy lookin ones for like $3500-4000 WTF
I don't entirely believe that. I've seen at least 3 nicely modded and very good condition 2G AWD DSMs advertised online for reasonable prices compared to worth, that were located in Cali, all within the last 3-4 months.

The part about not seeing a car before buying it and paying $1500-2k to ship across the country has stopped me from buying more than one in Cali in the past. Granted, there are always lots of those people that think they can make a quick buck flipping a car (and usually end up fvcking it up), or that think their car is super duper special and worth much more than it really is.

The best place to find them are craigslist. alot of people dont know what they have.
I don't know about that either, everyone I've called about an AWD knows exactly what it is. They know that if they hold on to it long enough, someone will be foolish enough to pay if it's even anywhere in the ballpark of the right price.

On sites like tuners people think they know what they are worth and try to sell a car that has seen hell and back for thousands.
Fixed.
BTW, that's why those ads are still up in the classifieds.

I have looked at dozens of awd cars in the past couple months and have passed on a few that I should have bought, its all part of the hunt. I am very picky and am looking for the right car. I have had my share of dsm's and to me it is worth the wait for the right one.
Exactly. I'm in the same boat as you right now. I've passed on about 4 so far that I just wasn't 100% on. When you find the right car, you just know it's a good buy.

I'll take 2500 for the car. That's ### I paid for it and I spent about 1500 in parts that will come with the car

putting donuts on a nice looking car definately shows the owner doesn't care about the car or proper maintenance done to it. At first site I'd buy it, as it rolls down the page, the buy -> no buy

putting donuts on a nice looking car definately shows the owner doesn't care about the car or proper maintenance done to it. At first site I'd buy it, as it rolls down the page, the buy -> no buy

ok so how bout u buy the ####ing tires to put on the car

Wish i saw this earlier. Just bought a gs for 2500. Literally less than a week ago and I'm in Philly LOL:ohdamn:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back