The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Anyone near Hanover or York, PA that can help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmentals

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2005
Hanover, Pennsylvania
I recently purchased a 99 GSX with a 6 bolt swap. The kid I bought it from was unsure of the mods because he bought it as it is now. It was advertised as having dsmlink, safc II, boost and A/F gauges, rc 550's, a front mount, evo III and a 3" turboback. He also stated that it needed cam seals and that the tach didnt work. When I test drove it I discovered that the front and rear mounts werent bolted on. The car also runs a little rough like it might be missing or has cams. It will occasionally die at a light or when not in gear. I bought a laptop and tried to connect to link but it didnt work. I removed the ecu. It is an eprom and someone wrote "DSMlink- AWD" on the case but it still has the mitsu eprom in it. I then assumed it was running rich with the 550s and no link, so i set the safc to -10% across the board. That didnt really change anything. I am not quite sure what is going on with the car so I removed the mbc and am running off the wastegate. I am looking for someone in the area that has some experience with DSM's that wouldnt mind meeting up and helping me out or just advising me.

im new to dsm but ive been working on cars since 90 if you have a wire diagram of the safc and the car i could help make sure that its hooked up if you still need help i live in tremont my #301-875-2347

I live in Lancaster, but I come to York on friday nights to torment people at "the circuit" with our 1g. Maybe we can meet up there sometime or something. PM me and let me know. Jayson~

TheWrench1166- I appreciate the offer but you are about an hour and a half away. The car has recently thrown some codes p0304(cyl #4 misfire), p1400(mdp) and p1500(alternator FR terminal circuit) and i dont feel comfortable driving it that far right now.

90laserRSfwd- For the same reasons listed above I'd rather not drive to york right now.

I expected the code for the mdp because of the swap. I am thinking that the alternator code could be the oil from the cam seal leak that is getting everywhere. i am not sure if the misfire is related to the alternator issue or is a wiring issue from the swap. There are some "custom" wiring modifications.

many people with a 6bolt swap get this code, personally i will get it once and clear it. it will be gone for a few weeks and then just randomly come back. still have yet to figure out the cause of this code. electronically i would not be the best help to you, but otherwise i would try and help out. pretty sure hanover is not far at all from me.

Damn that sucks man.... personally I would take it to CBRD and have them give it a once over.. make sure everything is hoekod up right...... something may have been removed that links everything together. Or possibly you jut need a tune to dial everything in.....

I am going to be in the area soon, maybe we could hook up and head out to CBRD together. my AIM spdjunkyz number 267-261-9530

SJ

mannnnn i was born and raised in Hanover, Pa! if i still lived there i would help you in a heartbeat. Miss hanover, grew up right on york street across from the family dollar LOL! I go back up there every once and a while. Im military and i live in georgia now. keep in touch and ill help you every chance i get when i go back up!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back