The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

tranny??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gdanny

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 9, 2007
south river, New_Jersey
Hey guys so i'm on the final step and I will be doing a fully built motor and transmission.
everything I have ever done to my car was done by turbotrix and the fully built motor will be done by them also I hope at the end off December, I was also thinking about a shep stage 1 transmission, but sense turbotrix does transmission it would save me money and work if I just get everything done by them, so my question is watt do you guys think I should do?
1-take my transmission out and send it to shep and then put everything together?
2-just drop off the car at turbotrix for the motor build and have them do the transmission also?

They have done a wonderful job on my car so far but I just want every ones opinions thanks guys and hopefully ill be at the track next summer.

Danny

i would deff send the tranny to shep,turbotrix did tranny work on my brothers talon,and he is not satisfied their job.first gear shifts hard,kinda grinds,and same thing happening with second gear.so they charge him almost 1k for messing up the first and sec gears :(

i have a friend in my town that just had his car built by turbo trix. motor and tranny. runs mint. consistly runs 11.6, if you ask me that is good. i personally had a tranny built by them and never had issues and it is still going strong on my car and that is amazing. my car i dont think has one stock part on it either.

Id take my money to DogBox over Turbotrix ANYDAY. Their prices are better,their work is flawless,the guys at the shop are awesome and willing to answer any questions and let you look in on the work. they really pulled me out of a jam with the Talon...DogBox > turboTrix:thumb:

Id take my money to DogBox over Turbotrix ANYDAY. Their prices are better,their work is flawless,the guys at the shop are awesome and willing to answer any questions and let you look in on the work. they really pulled me out of a jam with the Talon...DogBox > turboTrix:thumb:

+18719871919

Alex and Brian do phenomenal work. They fixed some ghost leaks in my 6 bolt this past summer and did outstanding work.

Im 99.9% positive dogbox will do just about anything you ask them to. They were willing to throw a GT35 onto my buddies Volvo,Im pretty sure they can do anything LOL. Their website is Welcome to Dog Box Racing! I believe. If not just google dogbox racing and youll find them. and they are located in Howell NJ, Literally 25 seconds off of rt 9

thankx i looked at there website they are like 30 min away from me and i talke to my cuzin and he sad he knows who they are becouse he got a shop on rt9 called beyondauto and they are up the street.
### stage would you and every one would recoment me to do i will be at 500++
thankx danny...

If youre serious about putting down that kind of power and you want to get a trans from DBR why not just get their race trans. They claim it can handle upwards of 500 Lb-ft of TQ and shifts above 9K. If you dont want to go DBR Id say get a Shep trans.

yeah i just talked to them 2day they where amazing and there price beats every other place i looked and yeah im going with the race one that they ofer and im also doing my motor work there i cant waittt...

yeah i hope so ill be doing my block there also and the trensmission i hope everything comes out as good as every one says, the reson y i didnt want to bring it to anywhere else but turbotrix is becouse i been there they do a good job and i didnt want any back yeard shop that just does things one the sides and if something ends up going wrong they will tell me to go f my self .

yeah i hope so ill be doing my block there also and the trensmission i hope everything comes out as good as every one says, the reson y i didnt want to bring it to anywhere else but turbotrix is becouse i been there they do a good job and i didnt want any back yeard shop that just does things one the sides and if something ends up going wrong they will tell me to go f my self .

TurboTrix does a good job? Are we speaking about the same Turbotrix,the one in Edison? We must not be LOL.

TurboTrix does a good job? Are we speaking about the same Turbotrix,the one in Edison? We must not be LOL.

LOL believe it or not turbotrix is a huge hit or miss. They general focus on their evo owners and those who spend the big bucks. The only reason they have a bad rep with DSMers is because they don't particularly cater to our crowd anymore. I wouldn't either if I was in business, DSMers are cheap asses. LOL

yes the turbotrix in edison LOL. like 'spooln' just stated they are more intrested on there evos and people that just drop there cars and money and say make it "fast", dont get me wrong i like everything and im happy with what they have done to my car but i wanted to look around.
And i hered dogbox and i was just saying that i didnt want any back yeard shop to do the work i wanted to know how good they really are becouse if they seem like its just some work peopel do on the side ill just stick to turbotrix even knowing they charge a lil more.

LOL believe it or not turbotrix is a huge hit or miss. They general focus on their evo owners and those who spend the big bucks. The only reason they have a bad rep with DSMers is because they don't particularly cater to our crowd anymore. I wouldn't either if I was in business, DSMers are cheap asses. LOL

LOL yeah DSMers are cheap asses,but if youre a DSMer and youre not a master mechanic,the car spends alot of time in the shopROFLROFL..But yeah in all seriousness youre completely right,TT is definitely a hit or miss,Ive heard so many terrible stories about them that it makes me cringe when I drive by the shop. But for every 15 horror stories Ive heard 1 good one or so LOL

well i been there maybe 3 times and they where 3 good times i just feelt that i wasnt inportant to them as a customer but besides that everything went well, its just pricy and i just wanted to know about some other local places i have that if i do go to dogbox i will have a good xperiance.

The one thing I have to say about Brian and Alex is that they won't bullshit you. There are plenty of "good shops" that will suggest this and say you need that. Those two at DB will give you the story straight up. You get there, tell them exactly what you want, hear their opinion, and make your decisions. IMHO, that's the best way to do business (honest).

when i talked to alex over the phone i really feelt honesty and not like most shops they will talk shop talk where you cant understand anything and you end up paying for something you dont even know if it was talked about it.

i hope ill be happy with everything..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back