The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

T/S/D night rally Sat 9/24 starting in Mount Kisco NY

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboMike

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 19, 2002
NJ
Westchester Sports Car Club is have a Time/Speed/Distance night rally on Sat 9/24. Starts at the Applebee's in Mount Kisco NY (thats 15 min north of the NYC/Yonkers border right off the Saw Mill River Pkwy). They're typically 2 to 4 hours long and about 75 to 100 miles. They all on registered streets so any legal street car is fine, as long as you dont have lighting higher than your headlights (per NYS law).

You need two people per car (driver and navigator) and CAN have more than two but there are serious points penaltys for extra people. You will need something to write on on a lap (like a clipboard), pen(s), and a FULL tank of gas before the rally starts (looking for a gas station when you have no idea where you are and are given points for every second late SUCKS). Also recommened are full stomachs and empty bladders, some kind of night lighting for the navigator's lap that wont shine in the windows and blind the driver (you will be on pitch black backroads), and a calculator if you're serious about coming in on time and going for a trophy. Trophys to top 10% of scorers as well as Ladies and Husband/Wife classes.

$20 per car. Registration opens at 5pm and car numbers are given out in registration order (first come first served with low car numbers). Cars start leaving in 1 minute intervals by car number at 7pm.

Flier for event:
http://www.wscc.org/flyers/2005AutumnRallyFlyer.pdf

Here is a good description of what exactly a WSCC typical T/S/D rally is:
http://www.wscc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=451

Driver has to have a lic (obviously) and navigator can be any age, however they both have to sign an insurance waver so if the navigator is underage only a parent or guardian can sign for them.

Solution: driver suddenly becomes a big brother or uncle.

:)

Because you havent been to one, I dont think you understand the event. WSCC gets insurance for the start so if anyone trips and falls during registration or the drivers meeting, its covered. The rally instructions are designed so that if you make no wrong turns, you've been going under the speed limit the whole time. The decision to go over the limit is the driver's and his responsibility. If he gets pulled over by a cop he'll be alone on some backroad with rally instuctions in the lap of the navigator. One or two other rally cars might go by while he gets his ticket, or might not. Its not like the driver can tell the cop "well I'm in this rally and thats why I'm speeding...." that would be extremely stupid on his part.

Its very rare you're driving with another car near you. You might see rally cars pulled over because they're lost and trying to figure out where to go, or driving in the other direction (a good sign you've made the same mistake they just did). Read the link that explains what a TSD rally is.

I've always been worried someone might come to a rally after seeing my post and be disapointed expecting some ricer street racing. But so far everyone has been blown away how much fun it is.

everything sounds illegal to bill, LOL

i'd like to go to this thing but unfortunately my car will hopefully be sold by then

Its not a DSM only event, you can do it in anything. Even if BMTranny is done with my tranny before the weekend, I broke my thumb on Saturday so theres no way I'm getting it in. I'll be doing the event in my Miata (beater).

Shifting and driving with the same hand=more funner.

Should be awesome weather for night driving. Anyone else coming?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back