The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

The 2008 Southeast DSM/EVO Regional Meet

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LUNARFX

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Jacksonville, Florida
The 2008 Southeast Regional DSM/EVO Meet is official and will be held on February 15~17th of 2008. I’ve worked hard again and made sure that you all have as much fun with saving as much money kept in mind just like the previous Southeast Regional Meet held two years ago. I see you guys have a road trip that is planned, but this is going to be on the previous President's Day weekend. The Meet has grown out of the "Southeast" and I have commitments coming as far as Rochester, NY. I just don't want any of you all to think I'm stepping on toes, but this is a well organized Meet and am just giving you the option if you'd like to come visit.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The first Meet was highly successful so I look forward to seeing all of you return and have more stories and memories to share. So here is the information and itinerary you all have been waiting for…

The host hotel will be the Homewood Suites by Hilton located at 10434 Midtown Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32246. The reason it took so long to update you all with information is because there is a major event for Breast Cancer Awareness that has booked most major hotels in the area almost a year in advance that I was scoping out. Also I was torn among the final choices of hotels I had. Ultimately, I chose the Homewood Suites by Hilton.

There was a less expensive hotel I could have chosen, but I considered parking allowance and the safety of your vehicles. We all spend a lot of time and money on our rides, so I feel that this hotel will accommodate all of us and truly has the finest amenities to offer.

The rooms are Studio style that is 400sq. ft. There is a kitchen and full bath that also include a queen size bed, and a fold out full size bed/couch. After walking through a Studio Room, there is ample floor space for two more average size air mattresses. For the internet savvy…there is FREE WI-FI in all the rooms and not just the lobby area. Keeping budget in mind, eight people can sleep comfortably in one Studio Room(given they supply their own air mattress). Feel free to tour the hotel and find out more information…

Extended Stay Hotel - Jacksonville, Florida, FL - Homewood Suites Hotels

To keep the significant others in mind, the Homewood Suites by Hilton is located in the center of Jacksonville’s nicest and newest outdoor shopping mall, St. Johns Town Center. With it being Valentine’s Day weekend, I thought it would also be a fine treat having the host hotel in the heart of our best shopping mall. Given, the mall was not a factor on deciding the host hotel, it was a nice treat to have on hand.

Simon Malls | More Choices — St. Johns Town Center ™ Information, St. Johns Town Center ™ Gift Cards

To reserve your hotel room, please contact Barbara Garrison and inform her that you are reserving a room for the, “Southeast Regional DSM/EVO Meet.” I have signed a contract to have the rate of $145.77/night including all taxes and parking included.

Southeast Regional DSM/EVO Meet Itinerary

February 15, 2008 - FRIDAY

• Check in at Homewood Suites by Hilton and Meet and Greet: 5pm ~ Midnight.

February 16, 2008 – SATURDAY

• Cruise preparation: 10:30am ~ 11:00am

• Lunch at Sneakers Sports Bar and Grill: Noon ~ 1:40pm

• Anheuser-Busch Brewery Plant Tour: 2:00pm ~ 4:00pm

• Dinner at Winghouse: 7:30pm ~ 9:30pm

• Sonic and Spirited Competition Driving: 10:00pm ~ mid-morning

February 17, 2008 – SUNDAY

• Cruise preparation: 10:30am ~ 11:00am

• Picnic and lunch on the beach at Hanna Park: Noon ~ 5:00pm

• Dinner at Times Grille: 7:00pm ~ 8:00pm

Alternative plans for inclement weather on either day:

• International Auto and Truck Show held at the Prime Osborne Convention Center

Jax Car & Truck Show Home

I truly hope you all look forward to the plans. There are more photo opportunities offered on this Meet than the last because of the highway cruises and destinations. The total cruising distance is much shorter than the previous Meet for all the ones who attended the last Meet.

Highlights…

The new Sneakers Sports Bar and Grille has eight Brunswick Pool Tables, Golden Tee, Dart Boards and more. Housing three full service bars seating for almost every Pro Football player, seven Big screen TV's that are at least 22 Feet diagonal and over 80 other TV's there is no such thing as a bad seat.

Sneakers Sports Grille

The Anheuser-Busch Brewery Plant Tour is really something you all will enjoy. All ages are welcome and the best part about it, is that you get two FREE drinks and snacks in the end of the tour, with the whole admission being totally FREE. I never realized that Anheuser-Busch also had energy drinks to offer for the non-alcoholic drinkers.

Anheuser-Busch Brewery Tour - Jacksonville Brewery Tour

Winghouse is known for it’s great chicken wings, but mostly for their serving competition with Hooters style Restaurants. You decide if you wish on who’s better. Dinner should be great with plenty of entertaining servers. Feel free to get more information and check out the Photo Gallery at...

Ker's WingHouse, Florida, Tampa, Orlando, restaurant, buffalo, chicken, naked, wings, dining, hot, sauce, sports, bar, grille, dining, bar, grill, happy, hour

Sonic on Saturday evenings is home of the local car meets and ricers galore. Although, there are a good bit of high horsepower imports and domestics that frequent and will be a good starting point for the high spirited driving that will be happening closer to midnight.

Hanna Park is a very clean and nice park located right on the Atlantic Ocean. Admission is only $3 per vehicle(up to 8 people...and if you can fit that many people in your EVO, I'd hate to see your time slip). I have reserved an area that has multiple gazebos, volleyball court, beach side access that is literally feet from the parking lot that we will be parked. There are a lot of shaded and covered trees for picture opportunities as well.

Bring a surfboard but don't forget your wetsuit since the ocean temperature will still be cold in mid-February.

If you have room for a mountain bike, bring it as there's 20 miles of biking and hiking trails, playgrounds, a 40 acre fresh water lake and a mile and half of beach access.

Please bring some snacks and drinks as well. Bring out your best and just relax with the rest of the DSM/EVO friends that you'll meet.

Times Grille is a new restaurant who's headquarters is here in Jacksonville and has great hand-made hamburgers, salads and pasta. Times Grill also has signature Fried Pickle Chips and Bananas Foster Bread Pudding.

Times Grill - Welcome to Times Grill

The schedule doesn't seem much, but the last Meet did not have much either and was one of the best Meets of 2006 from the feedback of everyone who came. The legwork on making sure these restaurants and destinations can accommodate all of us, making sure your expensive EVO's and DSM's aren't in a high crime area and subject to drive-by shootings, and not to mention the scenic and highway routes for you all to have spirited driving calls for detailed planning. I've also spent time with Property/Security management of the Homewood Suites by Hilton and the Simon Mall property ensuring we will not be harassed with +50 DSM's and EVO's in the parking area. I'm also old friends with Sav from IMV Films and am in talks of bringing his film crew for the Meet.

Last edited by a moderator:

You won't be disappointed. JESTR Tuning(my tuner) will also be in hand as you may know many of the EVO's he has tuned has made features in magazines, especially most recently. TTP Engineering will also be there and Scott the owner and personal friend will also be present with his following as he has the fastest USDM EVO VIII MR running low 10's on the STOCK TURBO AND STOCK ECU. Look forward to seeing you all there. Please comment for any questions and please try to stay on topic to help everyone on the Southeast Regional DSM/EVO Meet 2008. You may also message or find me at MySpace.com - The ErnDawg - 94 - Male - JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA - www.myspace.com/dsmlunarfx for response as well.

Do you have any plans to try to get to a track? Gainesville Raceway is a short drive. They have a 1/4 and a road course.

No I don't. I considered it for the first Meet two years ago and nullified it for the same reason this time around. Believe me, if it was a week-long Meet, Gainesville Raceway would be incorporated. I just couldn't have an entire day devoted to cruising down there, racing and having to cruise back given it's only an hour away. (Keeping +50 DSM/EVO together is no easy feat) I think people would lose interest by the third day to stay for the Meet, and people would just remember a race, instead of the actual Meet. Not to mention, it's hard enough to convince DSMr's to drive down for reliability issues, and I didn't want to deter anyone away for the sole purpose of having a track event. Gainesville Raceway is my favorite place to run on the road course, not to mention their facilities are top notch. Sorry, but I did consider it at one point.

Especially knowing your GVR4 is going to be safe in the parking lot and waiting for you in one piece the next morning. There is security throughout the evening because it's on an exclusive mall property. By the way, the rooms are 410sq. ft! If you can pair up with a couple, or even two sets of couples, you will save considerable of course, and will have plenty of room! The small picture doesn't do justice.

I'll be there again!!!

If anyone is having any thoughts about coming to the meet you really should,this man knows how to plan a function!!!!

I went for only one day 2 years ago and it was without a doubt the most fun I've ever had at anything car related.Now that I have my 1G turbo swap car up and running I'm gonna represent the 1G's as there was a severe shortage of them last time....the silver Spyder in the group shot is what I drove last time.

If you're anywhere close and its reasonable to make the trip I bet you'd have alot of fun!!!:thumb:

Ladies and Gentlemen

Please spread the word out, Feb 15-17 it's going down! Let all of your friends with 4G63 powered vehicles that Jacksonville is the place to be then, and that it's going to be a blast. Nothing better to get together with a great group of people and represent and have a great time. Two years ago, the meet was an absolute blast! The cruise is great, and it's great to see the turnout and all of the Evos and DSMs all in the same place! Jacksonville also has a great car scene, and there will be even more people out Saturday night.

Ladies and Gentlemen

Please spread the word out, Feb 15-17 it's going down! Let all of your friends with 4G63 powered vehicles that Jacksonville is the place to be then, and that it's going to be a blast. Nothing better to get together with a great group of people and represent and have a great time. Two years ago, the meet was an absolute blast! The cruise is great, and it's great to see the turnout and all of the Evos and DSMs all in the same place! Jacksonville also has a great car scene, and there will be even more people out Saturday night.

It was a great meet last time. Let's make this one bigger and better.

Thanks for the support fellas. The feedback on other forums are great and you really won't want to miss this one. The pictures from two years ago are priceless, and we're all ready to do it all over again. By the way, the +900AWHP 9-second Proccolino EVO that made the cover of Sport Compact Car magazine will also be coming up from Orlando to join in on the fun.

Let the countdown begin...30 days...

Just to remind everyone, the deadline to have rooms reserved, is by the end of business day of January 25th. You may still reserve hotel rooms after that date, up until the day of the Meet, but you are not guaranteed the price that I have locked in for the Meet.

25 days and still counting down...

Just to remind everyone, the deadline to have rooms reserved, is by the end of business day of January 25th. You may still reserve hotel rooms after that date, up until the day of the Meet, but you are not guaranteed the price that I have locked in for the Meet.

I just received a call from Barbara Garrison, your representative at the Homewood Suites Hotel. It is important for you to know, the deadline for the rooms that are reserved for the Meet is THIS Thursday at midnight. Once the date changes to January 25th at 12am, ALL the remaining rooms leftover will be placed back to the general population and because of the other events going on that same weekend, there will not be any rooms available to book at the set price I originally posted in the first post. If you have been waiting for the last minute, please proceed to book your room as soon as possible, as most of the hotels in the area may not have vacancy that weekend. The pictures from the last Meet should be convincing enough! Don't miss out on an awesome, spectacular, fun DSM/EVO Meet!

Here is an updated list of people already commited to go from 4G63HP.COM and evolutionm.net. I KNOW there are more people on here from the Florida/GA/SC area who can take a weekend off for an awesome meet, lets get some more names!

4G63HP
The ErnDawg - ’99 Monarch Green Pearl Eclipse GST (Kylie) ~ Worldwide
Lindsey ’98 Monarch Green Pearl Spyder Eclipse GST (Caryn)
Ryan - 1996 Eclipse GST, Orlando, Fl
Paul- 1996 Eagle Talon TSi Jacksonville, FL/Charleston,SC
Josh 1995 Kalapana Black Eagle Talon TSi AWD (Sophie) Jacksonville,FL
Dan (LookingFor400HP) 1992 Laser RS Turbo- Jacksonville, FL
Kyle 1992 TSi AWD, Jacksonville FL
Jason - 1997 GST - Jacksonville, FL
Cody - 1990 TSi AWD- Jacksonville,FL
Aaron - 1992 Eclipse GS,Gainesville Florida.
Jessica- 1992 Talon TSi- Melrose, Fl
Johann (jestoy7) 1998 Eclipse GSX (Lilu) Jacksonville, FL
Aron, 97 GST, fancy color red(jk), Jacksonville
James 1994 talon tsi fwd (jennay) newsmyrna/daytona
tim 1995 eclipse gsx newsmyrna/daytona
mike 2001 candy apple orange mustang turbo ormond/daytona
Josh 1994 Eclipse GSX Jacksonville, FL
Ross 1995 Eclipse Spartanburg, SC DSMPurity
Chelsea 1997 Talon TSi Spartanburg, SC DSMPurity
Eric 1998 Eclipse GS Spartanburg, SC DSMPurity
Stephanie 1998 Eclipse Spyder GST, Spartanburg, SC DSMPurity
Mark (stealthtt24) 1989 Plymouth Colt Orlando DSM
Ian 1991 (4dr slpr)Galant VR4 Orlando DSM
Stephen (damndsm)1995 Eclipse GST Orlando DSM
Ryan (tiburon301995 Eclipse GST Orlando DSM
Elliott (govroomvroom) 1998 Eclipse GSX Orlando DSM
boostedtalon904 1991 Talon TSi AWD DSMPurity
Turrbo 1997 Eclipse GST DSMPurity
Budusmc 1994 Talon TSi AWD DSMPurity
Jerico '03 Silver Evo VIII - New Smyrna/Daytona
Lawrence - Lancer Evolution IX MR- Charleston, SC

EVOLUTIONM
1. Lil'Rico - EVO IX - Orlando, FL
2. TalonTuner4G63-2g Talon TSi- Jacksonville, FL/Charleston,SC
3. tigeron - Jacksonville, FL
4. LUNARFX - Jacksonville, FL
5. 04AWDTURBOEVO - EVO VIII - Orlando, FL
6. Ev08Chic - EVO VIII - Orlando, FL
7. apagan01 - EVO IX - Orlando, FL
8. E VOL IX- EVO IX(Stock block monster)-Raleigh, NC
9. SUBYDUDESTi-Fully built 35r SE
10. Evo2wIsh4 - Orlando, FL
11. EvolvedGTI - Atlanta, FL
12. Killaitalian904 - Jacksonville, FL
13. Cutglass - Jacksonville, FL
14. Diego/Electricblue - Jacksonville, FL
15. 4doorbullet - Jacksonville, FL
16. Phota (TalonTsi) - Jacksonville, FL
17. ProccoEVO - EVO VIII - Orlando, FL
18. M5toEVO - EVO VIII - Orlando, FL
19. Emmanuel - DSM - Orlando, FL
20. itzwolf - Jacksonville, FL
21. mcwop23 - Jacksonville, FL
22. Kirbyryu - Jacksonville
23. Mitsudave- Evo VIII - Orlando, FL
24. Toobs - EVO VIII - Melbourne, FL

You have until midnight tonight to book your room at the host hotel. Please don't catch yourself having to spend a good portion of the Meet hunting down vacant hotels as you won't want to miss the cruises. I wouldn't emphasize so much on reserving the rooms if I knew there were going to be plenty of vacancies in the area. That weekend is going to be huge in the city of Jacksonville, and there's a reason why it took me months to lock down this hotel to host the Meet.

The host hotel will be the Homewood Suites by Hilton located at 10434 Midtown Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32246. The reason it took so long to update you all with information is because there is a major event for Breast Cancer Awareness that has booked most major hotels in the area almost a year in advance that I was scoping out. Also I was torn among the final choices of hotels I had. Ultimately, I chose the Homewood Suites by Hilton.

There was a less expensive hotel I could have chosen, but I considered parking allowance and the safety of your vehicles. We all spend a lot of time and money on our rides, so I feel that this hotel will accommodate all of us and truly has the finest amenities to offer.

The rooms are Studio style that is 400sq. ft. There is a kitchen and full bath that also include a queen size bed, and a fold out full size bed/couch. After walking through a Studio Room, there is ample floor space for two more average size air mattresses. For the internet savvy...there is FREE WI-FI in all the rooms and not just the lobby area. Keeping budget in mind, eight people can sleep comfortably in one Studio Room(given they supply their own air mattress). Feel free to tour the hotel and find out more information...

Extended Stay Hotel - Jacksonville, Florida, FL - Homewood Suites Hotels

To keep the significant others in mind, the Homewood Suites by Hilton is located in the center of Jacksonville's nicest and newest outdoor shopping mall, St. Johns Town Center. With it being Valentine's Day weekend, I thought it would also be a fine treat having the host hotel in the heart of our best shopping mall. Given, the mall was not a factor on deciding the host hotel, it was a nice treat to have on hand.

Simon Malls | More Choices — St. Johns Town Center ™ Information, St. Johns Town Center ™ Gift Cards

To reserve your hotel room, please contact Barbara Garrison and inform her that you are reserving a room for the, "Southeast Regional DSM/EVO Meet." I have signed a contract to have the rate of $145.77/night including all taxes and parking included.

Sorry I got behind on the picture motivators...I was camping in the infield of the 24 Hour of Rolex at Daytona International Speedway.

19 days and counting...

4G63HP
The ErnDawg - '99 Monarch Green Pearl Eclipse GST (Kylie) ~ Worldwide

Lindsey '98 Monarch Green Pearl Spyder Eclipse GST (Caryn)
Jerico '04 Silver Evo VIII - New Smyrna/Daytona
theLancerMETHod - 1991 Talon TSi AWD JaxStreetScene
Kailoma679 - 1991 Talon TSi AWD - Jacksonville
Dumbass ALG - 1995 Eclipse - Jacksonville

EVOLUTIONM
Lil'Rico - EVO IX - Orlando, FL
TalonTuner4G63-2g Talon TSi- Jacksonville, FL/Charleston,SC
tigeron - Jacksonville, FL
evillancer - 2006 EVO IX- Jacksonville, FL
04AWDTURBOEVO - EVO VIII - Orlando, FL
Ev08Chic - EVO VIII - Orlando, FL
apagan01 - EVO IX - Orlando, FL
E VOL IX- EVO IX(Stock block monster)-Raleigh, NC
SUBYDUDESTi-Fully built 35r SE
Evo2wIsh4 - Orlando, FL
EvolvedGTI - Atlanta, FL
Killaitalian904 - Jacksonville, FL
Cutglass - Jacksonville, FL
Diego/Electricblue - Jacksonville, FL
4doorbullet - Jacksonville, FL
Phota (TalonTsi) - Jacksonville, FL
ProccoEVO - EVO VIII - Orlando, FL
M5toEVO - EVO VIII - Orlando, FL
Emmanuel - DSM - Orlando, FL
itzwolf - Jacksonville, FL
mcwop23 - Jacksonville, FL
Kirbyryu - Jacksonville
Mitsudave- Evo VIII - Orlando, FL
Toobs - EVO VIII - Melbourne, FL
The Nothing- EVO IX- Jacksonville - FL
boostGotMeLaid 4G63 Powered something - Ocala - FL
evo8fl - EVO VIII - Orlando, FL
EVIL_EVO_VIII - EVO IX - Orlando, FL
DESERTEAGLE50 - EVO IX - Spring Hill, FL

15 DAYS AND COUNTING...

Start gearin' up!

10 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!

And some more...

4G63HP
The ErnDawg - '99 Monarch Green Pearl Eclipse GST (Kylie) ~ Worldwide

Lindsey '98 Monarch Green Pearl Spyder Eclipse GST (Caryn)
Jerico '04 Silver Evo VIII - New Smyrna/Daytona
theLancerMETHod - 1991 Talon TSi AWD JaxStreetScene
Kailoma679 - 1991 Talon TSi AWD - Jacksonville
Dumbass ALG - 1995 Eclipse - Jacksonville
Scotty - 1997 - Eclipse GS - Jacksonville
Josh -1997 - Eclipse RS- Jacksonville

EVOLUTIONM
1. Lil'Rico - EVO IX - Orlando, FL
2. TalonTuner4G63-2g Talon TSi- Jacksonville, FL/Charleston,SC
3. tigeron - Jacksonville, FL
4. evillancer - 2006 EVO IX- Jacksonville, FL
5. 04AWDTURBOEVO - EVO VIII - Orlando, FL
6. Ev08Chic - EVO VIII - Orlando, FL
7. apagan01 - EVO IX - Orlando, FL
8. E VOL IX- EVO IX(Stock block monster)-Raleigh, NC
9. SUBYDUDESTi-Fully built 35r SE
10. Evo2wIsh4 - Orlando, FL
11. EvolvedGTI - Atlanta, FL
12. Killaitalian904 - Jacksonville, FL
13. Cutglass - Jacksonville, FL
14. Diego/Electricblue - Jacksonville, FL
15. 4doorbullet - Jacksonville, FL
16. Phota (TalonTsi) - Jacksonville, FL
17. ProccoEVO - EVO VIII - Orlando, FL
18. M5toEVO - EVO VIII - Orlando, FL
19. Emmanuel - DSM - Orlando, FL
20. itzwolf - Jacksonville, FL
21. mcwop23 - Jacksonville, FL
22. Kirbyryu - Jacksonville
23. Mitsudave- Evo VIII - Orlando, FL
24. Toobs - EVO VIII - Melbourne, FL
25. The Nothing- EVO IX- Jacksonville - FL
26. boostGotMeLaid 4G63 Powered something - Ocala - FL
27. evo8fl - EVO VIII - Orlando, FL
28. EVIL_EVO_VIII - EVO IX - Orlando, FL
29. DESERTEAGLE50 - EVO IX - Spring Hill, FL

Had to wait until now to book the hotel for health and personal reasons but I'll be up there, just staying at the Hilton down the street. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Dave

Awesome man! Looking forward to meeting you. Get ready to have a kickass time!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back