The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

SoCal Tuning Shops/Repair Shops

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsu29

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 11, 2005
Northridge, California
Ok i've looked through some of the threads and the closest thing i found for shops was tuning shops in New Jersey!? I was wondering if anyone knew of a reliable and reputable tuning shop that can tune with DSMLink/Greddy Profec 2 spec b set up in the SoCal area? If i get enough responses, i will try to clean this first post up and try to make this a stick for all of us SoCal peeps for a one stop look at the Socal Tuning Shops.

Also, there are some things going on with my car where i would rather take it to a mechanic and find out what the heck is going on ( i know i hate going to mechanics but we do have limits on what we can do ) and i would like to know if there are any specific shops that we SoCal DSM'ers can go to as well.

Again i would like to try and make this a sticky, for future help, so please bring on the suggestions :)

Socal Tuning Shops:

Road Race Engineering: Road///Race Engineering Mitsubishi Eclipse Parts and Performance
Tel (562) 777-1522
13022 La Dana Ct
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

Maverick Motorsports
Tel (714) 523-1896
3811 Artesia Ave
Fullerton, CA 92833

Beau Brown Racing aka.,eclipsegsx1736 DSMTuner Local Tuner

Millenium Motorsports
Tel: 951-699-1889 ph /951-699-1442 fx
43084 Rancho Way #C,
Temecula, CA 92590

Tuning Technologies Tuning Technologies
Tel:phone: (909) 783-1200
472 Fogg Street
Colton, CA 92324

GT Motorsports GT Motorsports
Tel: (909) 481-1601 Fax: (909) 481-1525
9481 Hyssop Dr.
Rancho Cucamonga CA, 91730 USA

Yimi TuningYimi Sport Tuning Contact info and Directions
Tel:(661) 251-3966
26524 Ruether Ave, Unit # 510
Santa Clarita, CA 91350

Reese TuningReese Tuning - San Diego's only All Wheel Drive Dyno Jet
Tel: (619)749-0156
San Diego California

Church AutomotiveChurch Automotive Testing
Tel:(310) 518-4966 or (310) 713-6171
300 Quay Ave. Wilmington,
CA 90744

Socal Repair Shops:

:dsm:C&A Autocenter About Us
Tel (818) 901-9757
14122 Vanowen #B
Van Nuys, CA 91405

Japanese Auto Center
Tel: (818) 716-6644
21609 Sherman Way
Canoga Park, CA 91303

DIYers/General Autowork

Clutch GSX
DSMTuner Member
Cylinder Head Building/Porting
Send PM for Inquiries

Ruben Silva
Autobody/Paint/General Maintanence
Email: [email protected] or PM/Email me :)
Lancaster, CA

Recommendation: Highly Recommended

Goodbuds
DSMTuner Member
General Maintainance
Send PM for Inquiries

Background:
This is my girlfriend's dad. He just recently did the whole sanding/wetsanding of my car, in the span of like 2 days. He is pretty awesome at it too, and is willing to offer his services, hence why i posted here and even added a new section for DIY (Do it Yourselfers) I know it can be a pain to find a reliable paint/autobody shop, so since he did such an awesome job on my car, so from personal experience, he is highly recommended. He did the whole thing: Autobody Work/Sanding/Wetsanding/Priming and could even paint it..bear in mind you might need to work with him a little bit and provide some of the tools, but overall very good work.

Examples of his workmanship:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
roadraceengeneering.com
I second that. I don't know of any other and the only other place would be going to the forums for dsmlink and reading/asking questions there.

You could always see if there are any local dsm'ers and hit them up for some help on your problem.
I know I'm always willing to help a fellow local dsm'er when/if I can. :)

There is a shop on Fullerton called Maverick Motorsports 3811 Artesia Ave Fullerton, CA 92833 (714) 523-1896.

They have an AWD dyno and one of the guys there is named Glen and he has a 1G and a 2G. I believe that his 1G has DSMlink so he has some experience with it. I have never had them do any work to my car although I may be going there for some dyno tuning early next year.

I just wanted to mention it in case anyone wants to check them out.

road race is the only selection so cal has that specifically works on eclipses and evo's. i personally do not like some of the people i talk to over there, but from what I heard, they do excellent work. I've been dealing with slowboy racing. even though they are out in the east coast, their customer service is way beyond what I could think of. I am planning on building a 6-bolt stroker with a fresh machined block and head pushing around 475-500whp.

road race is the only selection so cal has that specifically works on eclipses and evo's. i personally do not like some of the people i talk to over there, but from what I heard, they do excellent work. I've been dealing with slowboy racing. even though they are out in the east coast, their customer service is way beyond what I could think of. I am planning on building a 6-bolt stroker with a fresh machined block and head pushing around 475-500whp.

Wow that is the opposite that I heard/experienced with Road Race. I have delt with Road Race on numerous times and they have always been professional. Robert has even gone out of the way and tracked me down thru a local message board to confirm an order.

road race is the only selection so cal has that specifically works on eclipses and evo's. i personally do not like some of the people i talk to over there, but from what I heard, they do excellent work.

Some people don't seem to like dealing with RRE but its kind of like the Mods here on dsmtuners, they get sick of hearing about 420a - 4g63 swaps & people not listening to them about venting BOVs & people asking for JDM stuff . If you do a little research before talking to them they can be very helpful. They have helped me out on many occasions and I am glad that they are so close that and I can run down there late on a Friday afternoon and pick up parts and get advice I need to get my car going to make it to the track the next morning.

i can understand RRE being negative towards those 420a customers trying to swap a 4g in it. but when it comes to finding out their opinions on stuff that I have read about, they told me that oem stuff is the best stuff to go with. robert i believe told me that synthetic oil sucks and that i should be running just regular mineral oil 5w30 and change the oil every 2k as opposed to putting in mobil 1 5w20 synthetic and changing it every 3k or 5k. some of the other people that I have talked to (not robert) seemed to be very informative and understood that I am new the DSM scene and they were helpful in telling me which products work well and which do not. to each his own when it comes to selecting a shop. i usually do the simple mechanical stuff myself, or have project import in orange do it for me.

SoCal Tuning Shops/Repair Shops

For Repairs we have -C&A autos. alot of us Valley guys only use him, knows this car like the back of his hand. alot of DSM owners turned Evo owners still go to him. good price great work what else do you need.

For tuning right down the street we have B.B.R. Beau Brown Racing he's on the DSMLink forum all the time, tunes his own DSM. very cheap.

Road//Race is a very good shop. Robert has helped me out many times! If you can't do the work yourself, then road//race is the place. You won't find any other company around with a track record as long as them. I'm pushing 500+whp on my stock 6 bolt that they put in for me over 4 years ago! :thumb:

i usually do the simple mechanical stuff myself, or have project import in orange do it for me.

I have bought a few things from project import and they had good service and prices, but they don't have dsm parts in stock like RRE dose that you can just go pick up right away when you need something fast.

Updated original post

Also, CP Hunter can you get the website/address/phone number to the BBR place? i looked around and found just a bunch of motorcycle stuff, so if you can provide that info ill put it up in the main post :) thanks, hopefully we can get enough to get this stickied for other SoCal peeps who need this info, and as for the repair shop THANK YOU MAN i been looking for a good repair shop, and although im not local ( im in lancaster ) i work in Northridge so i can just bring my car down and drop it off !

Updated original post

Also, CP Hunter can you get the website/address/phone number to the BBR place? i looked around and found just a bunch of motorcycle stuff, so if you can provide that info ill put it up in the main post :) thanks, hopefully we can get enough to get this stickied for other SoCal peeps who need this info, and as for the repair shop THANK YOU MAN i been looking for a good repair shop, and although im not local ( im in lancaster ) i work in Northridge so i can just bring my car down and drop it off !

Lol I think Beau Brown is just a guy on the forums here. He knows how to tune so you can PM him. I think his name on here is eclipsegsx1736. Someone correct me if im wrong.

43084 Rancho Way #C, Temecula, CA 92590
951-699-1889 ph /951-699-1442 fx
Greg is a good guy and his work is top notch. I also know some private guys that do 6 bolt swaps and what not for a living the north co SD area.

RRE street tunes, they dont have a dyno. Not the safest way to tune in LA County.

Ill buy parts from RRE but I have seen two horror stories when it comes to their work on cars in the last year, I would not let them work on my car. They have too much work and not enough time or space from what I gathered from the two people who I know had their cars worked on there. They both got ripped.

yeah i agree that project import does not have dsm parts in stock like rre, however, i go to them for the service, and I hate driving up to rre, LA county traffic sucks. im used to orange county traffic and a lot of the guys at PI have done work on my car, and my gf's 3g. they are completely by the book, and they will beat anyone's price out there pretty much

yeah i agree that project import does not have dsm parts in stock like rre, however, i go to them for the service, and I hate driving up to rre, LA county traffic sucks. im used to orange county traffic and a lot of the guys at PI have done work on my car, and my gf's 3g. they are completely by the book, and they will beat anyone's price out there pretty much

Project Import? Do they do tuning and repair work? If thats the case, let me get the phone and location so i can add them

project import sucks its a bunch of kids playing mechanic prices are good but they dont know squat when it comes to even knowing what a dsm is went there for a price quote for my underdrive pulley and forget it 300 bucks? no thanks :) im happy with my howell automotive one :D but to each is own my .02 cents

I tune dsmlink, and I tune my own car. You can get Scott Gray to tune, but expect to pay at least $200. I can work out a much better deal for you. PM me if interested.

I can tune your dsmlink/AEM EMS car here locally anywhere in San Diego. Let me know. I do it for a hobby not for the money so I"m inexpensive. Been tuning and racing dsms since 1999.

-Noah

How about for the Inland Empire area, any DSM engine repair shops? Im looking at either rebuilding my 7 bolt or possibly a 6 bolt swap in a 2G. I know of KarKing in Ontario, I got a quote from them, its rather pricey IMO, any others?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back