The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

hallman mbc problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepsi21463

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 16, 2005
Thornton, Colorado
my friend is having troubles with his dsm, just installed his hallman mbc. i'll just quote you what he posted on another forum. i did a search and couldnt find anything.
Hey guys anyone that knows anything not only bout dsm but shit in general. My friend just TRIED to install a Hallman boost controller on his car 2night.. after having it on for a while his car started to run/sound like SHIT.. started bogging, sperratic idle.. almost like it was pulling timing but not really.. i made him put ALL the stock lines back and reset his ecu.. but when he had all the stock lines on afterwards it was still running like shit... can some1 help me HELP him LOL, get back to me asap ### i feel bad for him cuz he just bought it

check his base timing with a timing light. if that is OK than pull the plugs and see what they look like. if your not running ngk BPR6ES you should be. i was running a $60 dollar set of brand new iridium's and my car ran like crap until i switched. perform a boost leak test if you haven't already and check for vacuum leaks. is your check engine light on?

pepsi21463 said:
my friend is having troubles with his dsm, just installed his hallman mbc. i'll just quote you what he posted on another forum. i did a search and couldnt find anything.

What kind of boost was your friend running?

it WAS working.. tapped directly from the turbo.. and capped off the solenoids

i think my friends plugs are still bad.. he ordered the right plugs and wires online.. he bought new plugs but the gap was like .37 or 38.. supposed to be like .3 from what he said, so i said that could be his problem also.. his rough idle went away but once he gets over like 5lbs of boost he starts bogging again

hope this helps a little bit. thanks a lot for everyones help so far.

I am not sure how it is on other forums, but on this one bumping is a no no :nono: . Hope the mods don't see it and lock it. His plugs should be gapped at .28 assuming that he has NGK's. That could defiantly be the problem. What are is other mods, is he venting to the atmosphere?? Give us a little more information on his car. And he may want to get on and post himself that way he can get and receive answers himself.

Well I gave him the link to this thread. He told me he thinks he has most of the problems figured out, it's up to him now to talk to you guys if he needs anything else. Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back