The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Another one of my wild ideas.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stock1g4g63

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2003
(was TX) Anaheim, CA, California
Boredom... again.

Attachments

• Concept Ad.jpg
    Concept Ad.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,645
A good chop and interesting styling, as something to look at. Which of course I can't do. I can't keep from wondering what fills out a sweater, and I know there's nothing under that front. Which kind of turns it into a Corvette- all bag, no filler.

But again, your artwork is very good. :thumb:

Yeah, I ran into that problem (when building the actual one), so we had to modify the physical design a bit (doesn't look AS good, but is still good). The "kit" is compete, but I gotta research rims and how to make them wider before it is actually installed.

stock1g4g63 said:
Yeah, I ran into that problem (when building the actual one), so we had to modify the physical design a bit (doesn't look AS good, but is still good). The "kit" is compete, but I gotta research rims and how to make them wider before it is actually installed.

You're actually making that car? OMG

That will be amazing... a definite show winner...

Max-Eclipse said:
You're actually making that car? OMG

That will be amazing... a definite show winner...

Don't get too stoked yet... it's looking less and less like that photochop... ROFL

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The roof scooop is going bye bye though... the only reason it's on there is because this was a non working "donor" car we got for cheap. It came with a roof scoop, aluminum wing, and altezza taillights. I'd normally like to keep my car OEM looking (I did the 97 conversion on my car a couple of years back), but I'm trying to help promote my and my friend's new shop, not to mention trying to gain a few sponsors. My 6 bolt built swap is killing my wallet. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have something different, and I'm actually pretty pleased with this "kit" asthetically so far. :thumb: You can kind of see where we had to "redo" the where the front fender is, it no longer goes over the door.

stock1g4g63 said:
Don't get too stoked yet... it's looking less and less like that photochop... ROFL

The roof scooop is going bye bye though... the only reason it's on there is because this was a non working "donor" car we got for cheap. It came with a roof scoop, aluminum wing, and altezza taillights. I'd normally like to keep my car OEM looking (I did the 97 conversion on my car a couple of years back), but I'm trying to help promote my and my friend's new shop, not to mention trying to gain a few sponsors. My 6 bolt built swap is killing my wallet. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have something different, and I'm actually pretty pleased with this "kit" asthetically so far. :thumb: You can kind of see where we had to "redo" the where the front fender is, it no longer goes over the door.
Wow, that is awesome... it's looking really good. The hardest part will be the bumper though I'm sure... I can't wait to see it when it is done.

Two things though... 1) Shave the door handles (would look way better imo) and 2) Leave the roof scoop... i think it looks good... :rocks:

later

Max-Eclipse said:
Wow, that is awesome... it's looking really good. The hardest part will be the bumper though I'm sure... I can't wait to see it when it is done.

Two things though... 1) Shave the door handles (would look way better imo) and 2) Leave the roof scoop... i think it looks good... :rocks:

later

Haha, roof scoop's gotta go. Leavin the door handles (don't wanna risk the whole selonoid failure/batter dead thing... lot's of headaches. Also, I think I'm just going to throw the Stillen front bumper on there and call it a day. Thanks for the compliments. :thumb:

stock1g4g63 said:
Haha, roof scoop's gotta go. Leavin the door handles (don't wanna risk the whole selonoid failure/batter dead thing... lot's of headaches. Also, I think I'm just going to throw the Stillen front bumper on there and call it a day. Thanks for the compliments. :thumb:

haha... make some secondary lock thing that is out of sight, but can be used if battery dies or whatever... if a solonoid fails, there is a small chance of BOTH doors failing... so you're covered on both accounts there...

I actually think this would be the one case where I actually would like the stillen front... it will go good probably...

Good luck.. and :thumb: for originality

stock1g4g63 said:
Quick photochop to get the idea:

Looks really good... gets two :thumb:

I'm just curious, since I'm new to body work and haven't done much... once you have how you want it to look designed, how exactly do you go about making it? And how do you make it the same on both sides?

Thanks

Max-Eclipse said:
Looks really good... gets two :thumb:

I'm just curious, since I'm new to body work and haven't done much... once you have how you want it to look designed, how exactly do you go about making it? And how do you make it the same on both sides?

Thanks

You use a foam such as this one here: http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=79 and just start carving what you want. It's important to use a foam that won't die when you start fiberglassing. Once you have the shape you want, you simply take a Fiberglass mold of it. As far as getting both sides the same, you have to do a LOT of measuring....

Attachments

• P1010030.jpg
    P1010030.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,401
  • otio.jpg
    otio.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,405
stock1g4g63 said:
You use a foam such as this one here: http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=79 and just start carving what you want. It's important to use a foam that won't die when you start fiberglassing. Once you have the shape you want, you simply take a Fiberglass mold of it. As far as getting both sides the same, you have to do a LOT of measuring....

That's cool... how do you get it to stay up there while you carve on it? Strong glue or what?

And how do you 'measure' all of the curves and stuff to make sure they are the same? do you basically just have to eye ball parts of it to where you can't tell the difference with the naked eye?

Thanks

Max-Eclipse said:
That's cool... how do you get it to stay up there while you carve on it? Strong glue or what?

And how do you 'measure' all of the curves and stuff to make sure they are the same? do you basically just have to eye ball parts of it to where you can't tell the difference with the naked eye?

Thanks

The foams pretty sticky when newly mixed, so it stays on ok. As far as measuring, you use a measuring tool that a lot of clay sculpturors (or any kinda sculpturror for that matter) use called a caliper.

stock1g4g63 said:
Boredom... again.

Most stuff like this I see I don't like. But this, I'm digging! Smacks of Lamborghini, and I love that :thumb:

wow, a body kit that actually looks good :thumb:

stock1g4g63 said:
The foams pretty sticky when newly mixed, so it stays on ok. As far as measuring, you use a measuring tool that a lot of clay sculpturors (or any kinda sculpturror for that matter) use called a caliper.

I still don't understand how that would get you all the curves and stuff... maybe i need to mess with it a little bit...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back