The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Stainless steel Braided hose connecting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

half-cocked said:
Never have used it, and I dont know how to connect it to the ends. Anyone want to enlilghten me? Heres what I will be working with.

http://www.russellperformance.com/auto/hoses/ss_hose_ends.shtml

It will be just like any other braided steel line. You buy the adapter, fittings, and line. Srew in the adapter, put the fiting on the line according to instructions, and BAM super expensive line all done.

The most important part is cutting the line correctly using electrical tape. Also make sure you stay consistant on the brand of hose and fittings, different brands varies slightly in size which may cause difficulties when trying to put the end fitting on the hose.

boostedinaz said:
Cood call. I wrapped mine in electrical tape and used a Dremel with a big cut off wheel. Right throuhg it like butter and no ####ed up ends or hurt fingers.
Ha, my rotozip cut off tool works better. :p I find that rotating the hose slowly as you cut works better so you get a much cleaner cut and all the steel end all points to the center.

Dont forget some kind of teflon paste. I found that with fuel lines, you want to use the paste and not the tape.

kr0n0z said:
Dont forget some kind of teflon paste. I found that with fuel lines, you want to use the paste and not the tape.

:confused:

These lines are designed to not have to use and type of sealant. If they are leaking it is becasue they were put together wrong. I have used them on a few car for everythign from tranny lines, to fuel, to water lines and have never had a leak.

boostedinaz said:
:confused:

These lines are designed to not have to use and type of sealant. If they are leaking it is becasue they were put together wrong. I have used them on a few car for everythign from tranny lines, to fuel, to water lines and have never had a leak.

I agreed. I did use Teflon past on the male and female AN connector but not on the hose itself. They do sale a clear lube so the thread won't damage the inside of the SS hose.

oldman said:
I agreed. I did use Teflon past on the male and female AN connector but not on the hose itself. They do sale a clear lube so the thread won't damage the inside of the SS hose.

This also shouldnt be done. The whole idea for these lines is that you can just take them off or put them on dry. No sealants, goo's, or special pastes. These are not NPT threads they have a nice angled seat that seals very well with the internal seat on the female end.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back