The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

autozone sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

girlpower92

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 24, 2005
perry, Ohio
i went there to get all new oil and a new filter. so i spent 38.44 on mobil1 supersyn and a mobil1 oil filter. get home looked at the oil filter and its a fram inside the mobil1 box. and autozone says they wont take it back . so make shure you cheack b4 you buy

Autozone sucks no matter what. I refuse to go there.

girlpower92 said:
i went there to get all new oil and a new filter. so i spent 38.44 on mobil1 supersyn and a mobil1 oil filter. get home looked at the oil filter and its a fram inside the mobil1 box. and autozone says they wont take it back . so make shure you cheack b4 you buy

Sounds like you should be pissed at the guy who swapped the mobil 1 filter into the fram box instead of autozone. It'd be real easy for you to buy a Fram filter, buy a mobil 1 filter, then try to return the fram filter in the box to receive a discounted mobil 1 filter. Not saying you would, but that's where they're coming from.

It's easy to sometimes get looking at the wrong points.

well i know a guy at a dif autozone so im going to take it there and have him give me the rite one . shity thing is i picked this box cuzz it was the only one that wasnt all dusty. the rest looked like they been there for yr's

Yes they suck about as much as David here

Attachments

• kwjeho;wdie.GIF
    kwjeho;wdie.GIF
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,815
I hate autozone. The autozone here in laporte is absolutely worthless. The guys stands around and never go out of their way to help you unless you specifically ask them what and where a part is. Plus, it always seems like they are always out of a certain part I'm looking for. Now I just say screw it and buy my stuff at Advance Auto Parts. Much better service and little better prices. :thumb: :thumb:

i just order parts online through a vendor who knows what they are selling.

when i went to ricerzone for the turbo gasket kit(the kit with all the different gaskets) the guy told me i needed the head gasket kit. so left there and went to kragen and they had nothing that said turbo for our cars.

so i bought it online. #### those places. i havent approached napa with any parts orders though, cause our closest napa is a 20 min drive.

I work at Advance, and we get people trying to pull that stuff all the time. I had a dude that tried to bring a brick back as a starter.... I opened the box and was like "Sir this is a brick" he replied.... "No that is a starter, now give me a refund, it sucks." I said back... "No this is a F*#$%ing brick..... now get the heck out of my store before I go midevil on your a$$"

It was pritty bad..... I cant believe he had the ba!!$ to say that.

I too got burned by autozone. Was my own fault I guess. The starter I ordered came in and there was a dent clearly visable to everyone (including the clerk) on the box. Me thinking well they see that, I can return it if somethings wrong. WRONG, they said I should have check inside the box before I left. Had to do a little bending to get it back to normal. Make sure you check everything before you leave there, because they sure as hell won't! :notgood:

carbonfire said:
I work at Advance, and we get people trying to pull that stuff all the time. I had a dude that tried to bring a brick back as a starter.... I opened the box and was like "Sir this is a brick" he replied.... "No that is a starter, now give me a refund, it sucks." I said back... "No this is a F*#$%ing brick..... now get the heck out of my store before I go midevil on your a$$"

Yea...... sorry about that :coy: :shhh:

If I would have seen that I would have been crying laughing. (Pause) "... Sir this is a brick.." "No it's not." ROFL

Yea for simple things like Mobil 1 oil, denso oil filters, and belts at the most I go to Discount. Just watching the commercials alone made me stay far away from Autozone.

carbonfire said:
I work at Advance, and we get people trying to pull that stuff all the time. I had a dude that tried to bring a brick back as a starter.... I opened the box and was like "Sir this is a brick" he replied.... "No that is a starter, now give me a refund, it sucks."

ROFL ROFL

when I brought in my old alternator to get my core charge back, the guy didn't even open the box... I guess this guy was assuming that you weren't going to check the box first.

okay... story time...
I go to autozone to see if they possible have a fuel pressure solenoid... so i go there, wait for one of the 5 people behind the desk to stop talking to one another and help me.... So they ask me what I need. I tell them "I need a Fuel Pressure Solenoid for a 96 Eagle Talon TSi" So she gets on her lil computer and starts clicking buttons... She starts scrolling down and says "Well, I have a Fuel Pressure Regulator in stock" I respond. "Thats nice, but I don't need a FPR, I need a FPS" She's like "Okay" Then continues to click, click click away on her computer and says. "I have a Fuel Tank Solenoid in stock." I was like "%&^# *$#% @%$%^# #%#$!!!!!" (to myself) I say. "No, Fuel Pressure Solenoid" shes like "ohh okay, hey, <insert manager name here> He needs a FPS." I Sh!t you not, the guy comes over to the computer, and says, word for f-ing word, the SAME thing the previous worker said... Finally I was so frusturated with them I walked out.

Sorry for the rant... not really anything against autozone them self, but more against the idiots they hired... But i agree, autozone does suck

Something else that got me. At the advance down the street, my dad bought some plugs for my moms jeep. So I call them to find out what the gap on the plugs are. Kid couldn't tell me, stayed on hold for well over 10-15 minutes listening to him try to find the answer. This is the same place that turned me down on a job :notgood: for not being able to speak spanish. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, gotta love how that works.

carbonfire said:
"No this is a F*#$%ing brick..... now get the heck out of my store before I go midevil on your a$$"

i cant believe you had the cahones (sp?) to say that to a customer, but sooooo funny ROFL LOL! great stuff. thanx for sharing :thumb:

T is for TURBO said:
okay... story time...
I go to autozone to see if they possible have a fuel pressure solenoid... so i go there, wait for one of the 5 people behind the desk to stop talking to one another and help me.... So they ask me what I need. I tell them "I need a Fuel Pressure Solenoid for a 96 Eagle Talon TSi" So she gets on her lil computer and starts clicking buttons... She starts scrolling down and says "Well, I have a Fuel Pressure Regulator in stock" I respond. "Thats nice, but I don't need a FPR, I need a FPS" She's like "Okay" Then continues to click, click click away on her computer and says. "I have a Fuel Tank Solenoid in stock." I was like "%&^# *$#% @%$%^# #%#$!!!!!" (to myself) I say. "No, Fuel Pressure Solenoid" shes like "ohh okay, hey, <insert manager name here> He needs a FPS." I Sh!t you not, the guy comes over to the computer, and says, word for f-ing word, the SAME thing the previous worker said... Finally I was so frusturated with them I walked out.

Sorry for the rant... not really anything against autozone them self, but more against the idiots they hired... But i agree, autozone does suck

u just brightened up my morning ROFL LOL! :rolleyes: :toobad: my god, that was so funny. think that was funnier than the first one :thumb:

I work at autozone and people always bring back crap that is not the orginal product or is their old used item and want to return it. I have never had anyone bring back a brick though. thats pretty nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back