The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Pix of SBR street core

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalla

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 18, 2004
Harvest, Alabama
Just got it yesterday .. not bad at all. Here's a picture of it sitting on the car with the stock SMIC for comparison ...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

time to make with the installing .... :D Turbo is a TDO6 20G ..

The inlet and outlet seem to be at a different angle. Is it a pic or for real?

Yeah, they are a slightly different angle ...

yep, that's how they come. one of my buddy's has the race fmic kit. it is the same on his as well.

Some more pictures ... looks like it will be a pretty darn tight fit with the short route piping. After looking at it tonite, the FMIC feed pipe is angled so that it will clear the alternator. You can see this from the pix below.

Upper piping: I had SBR set it up for GM MAS blowthru. Looks like it will be a tight fit with the thermostat housing. Also, I am going to have to use a stud on the bottom right side of the TB elbow instead of the bolt since there is no way to get the bolt into the hole on the new elbow ...

Test fit from the turbo - this is going to be a very tight fit with the alternator and the 3'' downpipe ..

The rest of the kit:

Just a question about the kit, i am looking at buying this kit soon but have a 16g, can i still use it if i get their j-pipe? thanks.

It's $800, but yeah ... they wanted like $30 extra to do the upper pipe for blow-thru ..

The j pipe makes it so you can use a fmic. im sure the lower piping might be slightly differnt for the 16g, im sure they have it for your application too

I think the race kit is exactly the same except the race core is a few inches taller.

EclipseOwner95 said:
Is that a knock sensor on the front of the head ?

It's a Greddy oil pressure sensor.

According to their webpage, the SBR street core is 24 x 7.75 x 3.5, the regular core is 24 x 12 x 3.5, so like an additional 4 inches taller.

Well, $30 plus cutting my bumper to shreds .. I wanted to keep a little support in there. I know a lot of guys cut out a ton of the bumper or just leave it off, I didn't want to do that. The street core is still pretty darn big, it will do a decent job.

kalla said:
Well, $30 plus cutting my bumper to shreds .. I wanted to keep a little support in there. I know a lot of guys cut out a ton of the bumper or just leave it off, I didn't want to do that. The street core is still pretty darn big, it will do a decent job.

guess that's a good reason

I'm going to buy the kit with the street core.. i run a big 16g, the race core is huge.. it's overkill. this core is way more appropriate than the race core for a 20g and smaller

1gp0wer said:
I'm going to buy the kit with the street core.. i run a big 16g, the race core is huge.. it's overkill. this core is way more appropriate than the race core for a 20g and smaller

i just think there should be a bigger price difference thats all 30 bux cheaper for a much smaller core kinda seems like a ripoff...yet at the same time the fact it comes with stainless piping is nice too

I agree that the price difference is a little funny, you would think they would be at least want like $100 more for the kit with the larger core. The stainless piping *is* pretty nice, and it'll shine really well once I polish it.

kalla said:
I agree that the price difference is a little funny, you would think they would be at least want like $100 more for the kit with the larger core. The stainless piping *is* pretty nice, and it'll shine really well once I polish it.

so slowboy is now offering blowthrough for 30 more on that piping? that seems like a deal we broke 2 blades tryin to cut through that thick ass piping

I looked at the email they sent me, sorry it was $50 extra for blow-thru setup. They also include a pair of 2.5-3'' couplers for the gm maf.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back