The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Firing Order [Merged 5-7]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STARION

20+ Year Contributor
May 30, 2002
Nova, D.C.
forgot firing order. 1990 4G63T.
call the cylander farthest on the passenger side #1. and call the ignition tower farthest from the firewall #1.

thanks

Using your method:
0 (cylinder2)
0 (cylinder3)
0 (cy4)
0 (cyl1) Driver side

cyl. 1 2 3 4

Front

Your firing on the coil pack is 4-1-2-3 from left to right when you look at it from the driver side looking at the ciol pack. And on the head is 4-3-2-1 from passenger to driver side. #1 is the front of the motor, and that is your timing belt side.

That's exactly what I stated using the original posters reference. THis forum is very bad at doing ASCII art which I attempted.

Hey guys, I did a complete engine swap on my 2G GST, replacing the original engine with a 6-bolt engine. Now, when replacing the bottom end only, and using the 2G head, there is a certain mod that you do by switching the cables on the coil pack so that you get the correct firing order, but that is not my case. Since I raplaced the whole engine, does anyone know if I 4&1 and 2&3 stay on the same place, or do they need to be swapped? Thanks.

if your looking at the coil its 4-1-2-3 and for the cylinders you start form the t-belt side with 1-2-3-4. just incase anyone looks back at this they will know what it is.

As you look at the engine straight on, what is the firing order on the dist cap and on the engine? What is the correct number for the cylinders on the engine and on the dist. cap? (1-2-3-4 or 4-3-2-1 from left to right)

I need a quick answer. I just installed magnecores and car wont run or runs like shit.

Thanks,
Jake

Nevermind, I figured it out by looking at engine bay pictures of others in the gallery. Please delete this thread. Sorry for the wasted space.

Happy Holidays,
Jake

Last edited by a moderator:
must have that special 1.8 motor swap.

so here is my dilemmea... took off the old plug wires.. got my new ones in.. i need to know how they go... bad me forgot to wait to put the new ones on when the old ones come off...

so here is my setup:

i have the new wires labeled 1,2,3,4

then i have the valve cover obviously.. from right to left.. X X X X
what are those numbers?

and then the wires go back behind it and plug in like

X
X
X
X

what are those? if you could please show me or tell me the setup thatd be awesome.. thanks a lot

the
X
X
X
X
^front to back

and the XXXX <left to right
if you could just write in the numbers that go there thatd be awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
-On the valve cover is 4-3-2-1 as you are looking at them from the front, on the coil is 4-1-2-3 as you're looking at them from the driver side fender.

i have a 1991 talon TSi FWD and i changed spark plugs and wires now car wont start does anyone know the firing order?????????

can anyone tell me whats the firing order for a 1990 eclipse gsx turbo.
please put the number like this

x
x
x
x
xxxx

if u could put the number like that thanks. i appreciate it. i would want to get my car running soon. thanks in advance

My coil pack runs parrallel with the fire wall? So how do you determine which one is closest to the firewall?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back