The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Big28 Killer installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stangtt

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 16, 2002
Forestburgh, New_York
I ordered the Killer from Turbochargers.com a couple weeks ago. As I expected, customer service was top notch. I rec'd it last night and had it in a few hours. As arrived the turbine housing wasn't ported. I gave it a quick porting to remove the step to match my ported manifold. The install went smooth. You have to bend the water lines a bit to clear the compressor housing, but thats about it. I haven't had a chance to take it for a real ride yet, but my first impressions are very good. Spool is very quick considering the big16 wheel. Keep in mind this is on an auto. I have the boost low at 15 psi for now and i had full boost by 2,800 - 3,000 rpm. Boost is much smoother and linear compared to the T-25. Pulls strong with no creep or fall off to redline. As soon as I upgrade the injectors, fuel pump and AFC, I'll raise the boost. I'm very happy with it so far. :thumb:

Attachments

• t25 vs big28 killer sm.jpg
    t25 vs big28 killer sm.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 3,838
Originally posted by fast_talon
Im very inerested to see what times that you will run on this turbo once you have a complete setup. Keep us informed. ;)

I probably won't get to the track with this car. Its just my commuter with a sponge box auto. LOL. I just ordered the Alto end clutch and shift kit for it. But I probably will leave the torque converter stock for a while. The stock TQ converter really kills the launch. 60 ft time would be 3+ sec for sure. UGH!
I really don't have time to get to the drag strip though. The closest one to be is Island Dragway, or Englishtown in NJ. Both are quite a trip. My other hobby eats all of my time and money. I roadrace motorcycles in New Hampshire. :thumb: Winter is my only time to recoup from that. Unfortunatly, most the drag tracks up here are closed during the winter.
:(

What that GSX AWD won't get down the track in the snow !:D

AS LONG AS YOU DONT HATE YELLOW SNOW UMMMM :barf:

Yellow snow, brown snow, white snow... I hate it all! LOL :D

Anyway, I'm installing the end clutch, shift kit and 190 fuel pump this weekend. Fun fun... I can't wait to smell of gas and trans fluid all weekend. :rolleyes:

Hopefully the shift kit will improve this crappy slushbox a bit.
On a side note, I was trying to see how low i coul'd build usable boost (hard to do on a freakin a/t). I was getting 12 psi at 2,400 rpm with only 1/4 throttle (any more it would down shift).

I have a question for the Big28 owners... When your boost spools up, does it hit hard all at once like the t-25 or is it more linear and smooth?

i cleaned under my rear seat like 5 times and i didnt spill any gas and i still smelled gass for a week and i also cleaned my carpets LOL
Makes you think you have a fuel leak for weeks ROFL and when people get in and say OMG you have a gas leak or whats that humming noise LOL its just my fuel pump " Its going to blow or its Broken or going to burn out" thats wat you get from these walbros. Ummm time to dino mat the car :thumb:

Later
Rob

Originally posted by Rob
i cleaned under my rear seat like 5 times and i didnt spill any gas and i still smelled gass for a week and i also cleaned my carpets LOL
Makes you think you have a fuel leak for weeks ROFL and when people get in and say OMG you have a gas leak or whats that humming noise LOL its just my fuel pump " Its going to blow or its Broken or going to burn out" thats wat you get from these walbros. Ummm time to dino mat the car :thumb:

Later
Rob

Yeah really. My GS-T smelled like donkey ass for a week afetr the 255 install. No spillage inside either.
As for the damn noise... I must say my twin external 385 lph Pierburgs in my Stang are silent compared to the wimpy 255 in my GS-T. I was thinking of doing a pickup in the tank with one external. ;)

Well thats good for ytou front wheel drive guys

yeah the Big28 spools identical to a T25.. fast and hard, just holds boost tll redline.. the problem with that on a FWD is the impact of the sudden boost means spinnage.

Makes me all the happier that I got this AGP GT25/28 now. Hard and fast hitting boost + AWD=weeeeeeeeeee!

Tom

i got mine in also but my damm dip stick broke after i just got done installing my T28 i was like i better check my oil and pow i was like WTF so i havent been able to open it up and i had to remove my sorry as manual boost controller i couldnt get it set rigth i think theres something wrong with it.......so im going Eletronic Boost controller <besides makes the drivers area look good>

Later
Rob

Originally posted by Rob
i got mine in also but my damm dip stick broke after i just got done installing my T28 i was like i better check my oil and pow i was like WTF so i havent been able to open it up and i had to remove my sorry as manual boost controller i couldnt get it set rigth i think theres something wrong with it.......so im going Eletronic Boost controller <besides makes the drivers area look good>

Later
Rob

:confused: Trying to read and make sense of that hurt my brain.

I was Talking about my Experence installing my Agp T-28 and some problems that had happened and that my mbc was crap so i pulled it off during the install of the new turbo.:thumb:

Other then haveing to buy a new dipstick and saying #@!$@#$%#$@!$@$#%#%#%# during the install im happy with the turbo and i havent even been able to crank it up no boost controller <Eletrice one comeing next Week>:thumb:

Later
Rob

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back