The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

First time I've seen fender flares on a 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Random facebook photo, so no idea whose car it is. Not bad. I cringed when I saw the "stancenation.com" watermark, but this doesn't look like a stanced with the taller sidewall tires. It actually looks like it was done for performance.

This is kinda old, i saw this car on the freeway and i did some research on it. I dont think he is a member but i did find a photo shoot he did on NASIOC. Check it out, makes me want to do it to mine, but i dont think silve could rock it =/

Awesome! Anyone know what those Kind of flares those are?

Anyone know what kind of flares those are?*

O...M...G...!!!! Someone HAS to find out what these are made for and where to get them!!!! My wheel and tire setup may have just taken a DRASTICALLY more agressive turn!!!! I had no idea these would fit the body lines so well on the 2g!!!

Does anyone know the wheel and tire specs? Namely offset and width?

Wow, that is nice! I would love to do that. I would love to know who makes them and where to get them.

Had the wife do a quick photochop on this pic when I had my 2g. Not sure who's car the original pic is of.

Last edited:
A buddy posted that on his FB page last week and, to be 100% honest, I don't like it. My friend has a lifted Jeep and the fender flares look EXACTLY the same...

It does look functional because he has some wide wheels tucked in there but, to me, it looks like he just bought some universal flares that fit on a Jeep and cut them to fit. Now if he fiberglassed them in and got rid of the lines where they meet the body then they would look REALLY good.

:dsm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminds me of dahlbacks rsi from my dubber days. And I personally LIKE the rugged, jeep, function over form look. I think even just painted to match the car with some anodized fasteners would look dope!!!!!

i like the rear but the front looks a bit overkill to me and you cant have one without the other looking retarded. :|

I agree with Gofer, if they were glassed in and looked more OEM rather than screwed on plastic pieces it would be better. Don't really like how it is just cut in around the fuel door either.

Like the concept though.

Should have just roller and pulled the fenders out. would look cleaner with stock body......don't get me wrong still looks "bad ass"..... he turned his dsm into a batmobile.
You can't roll the fenders out that much and still fit that wheel tire under the fender....

I think most are missing the point on this - I posted this in the Road Racing forum because this isn't meant to be a modification done for appearance (even though many like the look), it's more of a functional modification. I posted it in this forum because some road race and autocross DSMers end up having to find a solution like this so that they can run wider wheels and tires and the wheel wells on these cars don't allow much more than a 8.5" wheel without the tire sticking out or rubbing on the fender in a racing application. Adding fender flares gives you more options to run wider wheels than that for more traction, and that becomes necessary in some of the more competitive classes in different series for our cars. Racers aren't going to go through the trouble of molding the flares into the body for a smooth look. The only reason I mentioned anything about the looks in my initial post is because I was pleasantly surprised in how it looked and I think that it can look good on a 2g when done right.

So let's not focus too much on looks please. In fact, I may go through and clean up all the replies since most of you likely didn't pay attention to the forum this was posted in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back