The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

1GA With 1GB Talon Side Moldings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

808DSM

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 27, 2008
Kahului/Kahana, Hawaii
I have a 1Ga Eclipse GSX and a 1Gb Talon TSI which I'm sadly parting out.:cry: Since my 1Ga door panels fell off and to have the Talon as a memory. I'm thinking about doing a conversion. I always saw a 1Ga to 1Gb conversion only with the front/rear bumpers. But, what about just keeping the 1ga front/back bumpers and changing the side moldings of the car. So, I did a little photoshop of that enjoy:D.
Stock
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Step 1

Step 2

That looks really good actually, of course tossing on the RPF1's doesn't hurt either! I vote for Step 1 and keeping the silver rather than going dark at the bottom....it loses a bit of the overall effect IMHO.

That looks really good actually, of course tossing on the RPF1's doesn't hurt either! I vote for Step 1 and keeping the silver rather than going dark at the bottom....it loses a bit of the overall effect IMHO.

Thanks, Ya your right about the 2 tone effect at the bottom. But, for me I always like that on the Talons. Plus, I think this mod will make a big difference on the exterior and I get to keep my Pop-up lights:rocks:. I'm still undecided if I should go with the 2 tone or the full body paint job.

wow! this just popped up, and i have a set of 1gb talon side moldings collecting dust! might just put these on my 1ga gsx... ;) post pics of actual turnout if you do it.

oh and by the way, do new holes have to be drilled at all to get these to work? or will it all bolt up to existing 1ga mounting points? thanks!

wow! this just popped up, and i have a set of 1gb talon side moldings collecting dust! might just put these on my 1ga gsx... ;) post pics of actual turnout if you do it.

oh and by the way, do new holes have to be drilled at all to get these to work? or will it all bolt up to existing 1ga mounting points? thanks!

Glad I can give you a visual. There are a couple holes you have to drill... only if I can get a image. These photos were not taking by me all rights goes to the owner (found this in Google which lead me to dsmpurity).
1Ga

1Gb

I believe the 1Ga Eclipse fender, door, rear panel doesn't have any holes. The parts that are circle in the yellow are the parts that needs to be drilled and some 3m adhesive would also be use in this mod. Also, what are not shown are front and rear fenders, they too require drilling. In the photo you get an idea of where the adhesive goes but I think I’ll get a photograph of the Inner Talon molding to give you a better idea. Later I’ll take photos of the inner Talon moldings of where the clips are attached to and where to apply the adhesive.

1Ga

thanks for posting that up! :thumb: i just wished i didnt have to drill..:( for reverting back purposes, ya know. how do you think some heavy duty 3m adhesive would work alone, all around it?

thanks for posting that up! :thumb: i just wished i didnt have to drill..:( for reverting back purposes, ya know. how do you think some heavy duty 3m adhesive would work alone, all around it?

I use that shit more than I use zip ties. Works great! Keeps my gauge piller pod up.

But, when you have the 1Gb Talon side molding with a 1Ga why would you want to go back? I think the Talons are aggressive in my personal opinion. Eclipse just look too... what's that word :aha: innocent?

I use that shit more than I use zip ties. Works great! Keeps my gauge piller pod up.

Silly, Lofty... Yes for gauges and other stuff. But, No for Talon side moldings. Those things are not that light and these are not small. There is a reason why they have the clipse for more support. If I was going 60-80mph on the highway and just had adhesive holding that. I guaranteed that the person next to you would be like OMG.

Does anyone know where I can get a set od 1Gb door moldings? I was actually searching for this exact swap on dsm talk but no luck.. My car is perfect minus the door moldings and the 1Gb ones are just more to look at and drool over.

Does anyone know where I can get a set od 1Gb door moldings? I was actually searching for this exact swap on dsm talk but no luck.. My car is perfect minus the door moldings and the 1Gb ones are just more to look at and drool over.

Your local junkyard, ebay, craiglist, or try calling DSM Graveyard.

lucky you parting out my 93 got all the moldings pm me we can work something out

Love the idea. Very clean looking, and very creative. You should do it, man.
PS- Tech Article *cough*

I think this and the JDM headlight swap is all I am gonna do because then I think the exterior will be flawless..

Cool, was looking around for this and someone linked me here... planning on doing this exact swap VERY soon.

Ok, bringing this back. I need help on taking the side rear vent out. The Talon TSI is finally going to the junkyard. I got everything off the car that I needed but, this dam Vents. :banghead: I tried everything to take this out but, maybe I'm not trying hard enough. I don't want to break these while in the process of removing them. I don't know what the hell is holding it down. Any help would be great thanks.
Here's the dam vents I'm talking about. *this is not my photo, just an sample.

Ok, bringing this back. I need help on taking the side rear vent out. The Talon TSI is finally going to the junkyard. I got everything off the car that I needed but, this dam Vents. :banghead: I tried everything to take this out but, maybe I'm not trying hard enough. I don't want to break these while in the process of removing them. I don't know what the hell is holding it down. Any help would be great thanks.
Here's the dam vents I'm talking about. *this is not my photo, just an sample.

on the inside of the car there are 2 nuts you have to remove. they are hidden under the plastic side panels.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back