The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Glued Compressor housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nytescion

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 25, 2007
Woodbridge, Virginia
ok I've been searching for the last hour. I'm trying to find pictures of a turbo that fell apart because the housing was glued instead of bolted on? if someone can't supply me with a link i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Here you go

Attachments

• Fake_XSPOWER_TURBO__3_.jpg
    Fake_XSPOWER_TURBO__3_.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 231
  • Fake_XSPOWER_TURBO__5_.jpg
    Fake_XSPOWER_TURBO__5_.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 231
wow so is the only part that seems to be failing on these turbos? that's pretty messed up tho. I thought (from the description) it was the backend of the housing (part that has the bolts on it) that instead of being bolted on it was just glued. I hope I make since in saying that. can't that be tig welded back on? or will it never work right and have to buy a new housing?

I have seen everything now. Could they not have cast in bosses for some bolts or something as well as an o-ring face seal, geez. I'm a big fan of JB weld but this is ridiculous:D

HAHAHA LOL that's hilarious, now i know china has really made a bad name for themselves, they should stick to firecrackers, spicy food and other things that are meant to blow apart, not car related parts LOL

guess if you've got one of those you should be finding some one to TIG it for you before it falls in 2 ( litterally) on the highway. LOL

I've only heard of 1 person having that problem happen, yet everyone knows about it.

hmm i thought that this was what everyone was saying happens to these ebay turbos? if not then what is failing on these? the shafts, or bearing failures? I'm just trying to find out some info before i make a purchase. I've been following the comparison thread but I might need to run a comparison of my own (buy one so i can make it to a local dsm meet and if it blows within a few months i'd have the money to strap a real one on) being that time and money is strapped right now. But if at all i can prevent a cheap turbo from falling to pieces I'd like to try.:sosad:

You can do what you want to but I went thru two ebay T3/T4 turbos in about 2,000 miles. Both of them broke the shaft right where it necks down for the intake compressor wheel to slide on. Luckily I had no engine damage but I finally bought a Garrett and I havent looked back. Dont get me wrong I have an ebay manifold and I love it but once you pull your turbo about three times in a couple of months you will hate yourself. Just my .02

i think you're missing the point of what im saying. i only need the turbo for right now i don't drive the car as it is. it's a weekend car at best. PLUS i have a friend who is selling me a brand new hx40 for 700 and he's holding it for me. the PROBLEM is i have 1 1/2 months to finish the car to make the meet. i still have to get the motor out of the shop, but fuel,exhaust and ecu upgrades to support the hx40. SO in short i don't have the time or money to do that. what I'm asking is do you think i can buy the supporting mods for the hx40, bolt up the ebay turbo and use it for a month or two (again the motor will be in the break-in period) until i can get the rest of the money to get the hx40.

I like how everyone notices the turbos that break and always accuse them of being from China. Nobody bothers to mention the one thread with the Ebay Evo3 16G and how well it's doing. :toobad: I guess that one happens to not be from China right? :rolleyes:

I like how everyone notices the turbos that break and always accuse them of being from China. Nobody bothers to mention the one thread with the Ebay Evo3 16G and how well it's doing. :toobad: I guess that one happens to not be
from China right? :rolleyes:

From Robert at FP regarding chinese made turbo's:

No, you can't trust a foundry to assemble a turbocharger on a dirt floor somewhere in Asia. You know that, I know that. I knew it when I saw those china-built turbos showing up here a couple years ago. I kept my mouth shut while everyone bragged about how low cost these great turbos were, and even lifetime warranty! Right. Try to get one warranted. Nobody will touch those things today. So this was sort of a good idea, and sort of a really bad idea. These turbos were not failing from casting flaws. I know how they were failing because everybody was sending them to FP to get them fixed. They were failing because the bearings were junk, the part prep sucked and the assembly was worse. On top of that the compressor wheels were shit and would spontaneously explode. When they didn't explode, they were underperforming because of the poor blade shape. Hell when we replaced the crappy wheel in Bucci's FWD with a Genuine EVO3 16g wheel he gained tremendous power and set the 16g record.

I like how everyone notices the turbos that break and always accuse them of being from China. Nobody bothers to mention the one thread with the Ebay Evo3 16G and how well it's doing. :toobad:

I guess that one happens to not be from China right? :rolleyes:

Maybe his wasn't, but this one was:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Broke the turbine shaft with UNDER 2000 MILES. Worth the $300 price tag? I think not! ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back