Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > General > Frequently Answered DSM Questions > Newbie Thread Graveyard
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Newbie Thread Graveyard: Repetitive questions already answered in the FAQ Forum, Tech Articles, other New Member required reading, VFAQ.com, etc. This is a read-only forum. If your thread ends up here, you didn't do the required reading.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2005, 03:11 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 127
Classifieds Rating: 0
Send a message via AIM to TDX

Street Racing quotes/sayings/phrases

Hey everyone post up your favorite quotes/sayings/phrases/expressions.... But please nothing off the F&F movies. ENjy!

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:35 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 4
My all time favorite is

" Stop beggin for spots and grab a lane mother####er"

Old 03-14-2005, 03:36 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,705
Photos: 4
Send a message via AIM to 97GS-TSpyder
adn taht is not my sig on 3 other forums! thanks

Old 03-14-2005, 03:43 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 69
You can always spot the true import tuner. For one, he's not in the crowd around the latest widebody RSX and he's not even interested whatsoever. You will notice his car has some scratches and never really is 100% clean because he just doesn't care what others think. He is in the hobby for himself and his own personal enjoyment. There is no glory for him, other than getting that MSD Ignition installed without messing up his timing or rotating his tires in record time. The true tuner will never get the respect he deserves, but he'll never ask for it either. It's all in a day of the life of the true import tuner, lost in the latest trend, forgotten by many, and barely respected at all. But when the day is done and the fads are over, he'll still have his rice rocket, drive it to work everyday, and crack a smile when he takes that perfect turn on the way home. The true tuners have been lost in the shuffle, but as long as they are still around, the import scene still has a bright future ahead.

Old 03-14-2005, 03:55 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 153
Send a message via AIM to 2gtalonman
dsm's, taking on cars with 4 more cylinders and making them look stupid since 1989.

Old 03-14-2005, 04:01 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Unverified Email Address

Tech Posts: 1,099
the funniest thing anyone ever said to me after racing me 3 straigt time and getting his ass whooped was, " god damn, youre car bogarts outta the hole"... guess it means ####in pwns off the line, which it does lol.

Old 03-14-2005, 04:07 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 216
Send a message via AIM to Itzallstock Send a message via MSN to Itzallstock Send a message via Yahoo to Itzallstock
HERE COMES THE EVO MAN!!!!
-Ben
(from the vid fourm!)
Visit Itzallstock's homepage! 

Old 03-14-2005, 06:22 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 40
Photos: 10
Send a message via ICQ to jagrjones Send a message via AIM to jagrjones
"For those 17 seconds or more, I'm free..."
-espydur

If you don't need both hands on the wheel, then you're not really driving.
-venom42

"Damn, does he have TWO fire extinguishers in there?"
-SetH

when life speeds by...
downshift
-KooK

to boost or not to boost... is that a question?
-unknown

the way i see it.....if you keep fixing things, eventually you will have a new car.
-unknown

My car looks like hell, sounds like hell, and generally runs like hell, but it's still fast as hell.
-unknown

I love the violent way the boost comes on while being set on "f*ck'em up" psi level.
-taboo

theres a mustang guy here that tells everybody not to race me ### my car goes pssssshhhhh when i shift...
-devilsperm

Some kids got caught last night trying to break into a car 3 houses down from mine... I think they were lucky.. If they hadn't gotten caught, and had gotten to my car, they might have just "disappeared."
-ArticNemesis

And for some that are a little more DSM specific:

I'd rather push a DSM than drive a Honda. And I get plenty of chances to prove it.
-markmakeitso

DSM's-Turning normal people into angry, flat broke ,heavy drinkers that throw tools since 1989.
-AW4G63

"if you have a 1g, do you have to de-ghettotize it before it runs right or something?"
-BoostinDSM

Little TDO5h turbos make baby jesus clap his hands in delight.
-GunnerTSi

DSM is my shepherd I shall not want. It maketh me burnout on black pavement: it leadeth me beside busy freeways. It restoreth my soul: it leads me in the path of quickness for its namesake. Yea, though i walk through the valley of rice i shall fear no honda for torque art with me; thy rod and thy piston they comfort me. Thou preparest a track before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou has anointed my bearings with oil; my car overpowers.
-unknown

That's exactly WHY I own a DSM. I don't like it smooth, quiet, comfortable and effortless. I like to listen to the whine of the Walbro, rumble of the full 3" exhaust and feel the vibrations of the balance shafts-free engine with solid motor mounts on the steering wheel while idling on the stoplights. I love the stiffness of the ACT2600, the notchiness of the tranny one has to literally rape when shifting and the harsh ride with the polyurethane suspension bushings and ProKit/AGX combo. I'd never trade AWD launches for anything, I love the feeling of invincibility off the line and the way one gets thrown against the seat and feels like being a part of the car at that moment. I enjoy hearing the notorious " do you have in that thing?!?" from over-confident C5 and Supra owners after blowing the doors off their shiny machines they spent a fortune for. I love the violent way the boost comes on while being set on "f*ck'em up" psi level and one feels like being rear-ended by a semi, the intimidating jet engine-like whine of the turbo and the BOV bark between shifts. I like it brutal. That's why I own a DSM.
-taboo

This is just a late night thought, but I think it's possible that there is a finite number of DSM souls floating around our little planet. As one DSM breaks, its soul gets passed on to another car that happens to be fixed at the moment awaiting its first crank. So somewhere, at the exact moment your car ran for its first time in months, someone else's DSM shit a timing belt for you.
-james92tsi

Disclaimer: All Mitsubishi corporate employees, Mitsubishi dealerships, Mitsubishi service personnel or employees, family, friends, or acquaintances thereof: This in no way constitutes an admission or acknowledgement of tampering, modification, usage, or alteration of any vehicle in my posession or component thereof in such a fashion as to void, cancel, deny or otherwise refuse service on any service contracts, warrantees, or recall notices covering said vehicles. This and other posts submitted on this, or any Internet forum, under the screenname Q simply represent an attempt to gain acceptance from a peer group espousing cars of a high performance nature - especially those that have been altered to improve, enhance, or otherwise modify the automobile's natural characteristics. Any statements, claims, or graphical representations made that would constitute a violation of any contractual agreement are to be considered fictitious and not to be accepted in any court of law, or similar environment mediated for the purpose of dispute resolution.
-Unknown

Old 03-15-2005, 12:44 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Proven Member

Car: 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX TR
Tech Posts: 307
Classifieds Rating: 5
Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi Send a message via Yahoo to 9d2TSi
Here's a few. Not quite work safe, so open at your own risk.

http://web.archive.org/web/200202031...lapping101.htm

Old 03-15-2005, 04:23 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 127
Send a message via AIM to TDX
nice ones! keep it flowin'!

Old 03-15-2005, 05:23 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,754
Reputation: Quasimondo is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening toQuasimondo is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening toQuasimondo is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening toQuasimondo is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening toQuasimondo is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening toQuasimondo is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to Quasimondo
Forgot where I found this one:

"Pop quiz hotshot, what do you do when you've got 10 grand under the hood of your Honda, and you're still running 15's - What do you do?!?!?!?!"

Old 03-15-2005, 06:14 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 207
Classifieds Rating: 2
Send a message via AIM to bigemrich
Sell it and buy a DSM

--Kyle

Old 03-15-2005, 06:53 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #13 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 23
Send a message via AIM to DrZoom Send a message via Yahoo to DrZoom

COuple more

Honda's are like tampon's... every ####ies got one - Unknown

THe BSing stops when the xmas tree drops - Unknown

Zoom

Old 03-15-2005, 07:05 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #14 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 12
You never had me, you never had your toaster!
Granny Slicin' , not double butterin' like you should
Your lucky that 100th slice of rye didn't blow the welds on the bread lift.
Now me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the crumb tray
And replace the ejector springs you fried!

I tend to use that one when I'm at a party and someone starts talking about racing. I forget where I heard it but I'll never forget it.

Old 03-15-2005, 07:16 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #15 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 772
Photos: 3
Classified Ads: 1
When the light turns green, the GSX gets mean.
View photos of this member's car 

Old 03-15-2005, 07:23 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #16 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtecRex
You can always spot the true import tuner. For one, he's not in the crowd around the latest widebody RSX and he's not even interested whatsoever. You will notice his car has some scratches and never really is 100% clean because he just doesn't care what others think. He is in the hobby for himself and his own personal enjoyment. There is no glory for him, other than getting that MSD Ignition installed without messing up his timing or rotating his tires in record time. The true tuner will never get the respect he deserves, but he'll never ask for it either. It's all in a day of the life of the true import tuner, lost in the latest trend, forgotten by many, and barely respected at all. But when the day is done and the fads are over, he'll still have his rice rocket, drive it to work everyday, and crack a smile when he takes that perfect turn on the way home. The true tuners have been lost in the shuffle, but as long as they are still around, the import scene still has a bright future ahead.
Best post I have read in a long time.

Old 03-15-2005, 07:50 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #17 (permalink)
Proven Member

Car: Nissan Skyline R33
Tech Posts: 619
Classifieds Rating: 1
Send a message via AIM to JessesTalon Send a message via MSN to JessesTalon
Aye, I missed a shift, lets race again...

No...

Common, seriously 1st to 4th accidentally!

No...

Why ### I would own you if we raced again?

No dip ### your oilpan is sitting 10 feet behind your car bitch.

*looks back* Oh Shit!

ok ok it wasn't funny but it was while I Was writing it... hmmmm

Old 03-15-2005, 07:56 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #18 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 23
Send a message via AIM to DrZoom Send a message via Yahoo to DrZoom

lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :laugh:

Old 03-15-2005, 08:09 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #19 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 144
Send a message via AIM to turboTSi1320
Your just faster becaues you have a turbo.
No im faster because im awd and have .4 more liters of displacement

I would beat you If I was lS/VTEC..

Old 03-15-2005, 09:46 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #20 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 158
Send a message via AIM to BoostInsideTSi
"the winner takes the cash, and the respect."