The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Heater Hoses

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZTSI

Probationary Member
May 2, 2002
AZ
I changed the upper and lower radiator hoses on my car, and i need to change the two heater hoses too, the ones that go from the firewall to the block. My question is, are there any other coolant hoses? And if so where are they.

I'm not sure what car you've got (Talon, I assume -- year???). Anyway, there can be lots of hoses.

turbo coolant in
turbo coolant out
oil cooler in
oil cooler out
oil cooler intermediate
throttle body in
throttle body out

I'm also in need of "all of the hoses". I thought about just changing the one that is leaking, but if I'm going to be re-bleeding the system anyway, I may as well have every hose changed and get as much of the old coolent out (start fresh). I've got a 97 Eclipse GS-T Spyder (originally from FL). I think it's time for all of them to go.

I'm looking into getting all of them through the Auto Parts store that I used to work for (PartsPlus). I should have answers later today, for what I can and can not get. I will post them when I have all the Gates' part #'s in my hand. I already know of 1 hose that is Special Order.

Hopefully I can get pictures too (Schematics). Then we all can be in good shape when taking on this fun project!!

Here are the part numbers from the dealership:

10163P - MD112349 - HOSE, Engine Oil Cooler
10163Q - MD301045 - HOSE, Engine Oil Cooler
10164 - MD309661 - HOSE, Engine Oil Cooler

10719 - MD112349 - HOSE, Turbo Water Return
10718 - MD306415 - HOSE, Turbo Water Feed

10712 - MD195053 - HOSE, Throttle Body Water Return
10711 - MD193577 - HOSE, Throttle Body Water Feed

I replaced most of my hoses with just bulk hose that they cut from rolls in the back. I brought in the 3 different sizes of hoses. Two of the sizes are close. You can use the smaller size on both, but it's pretty hard to get the hose on. I the only hose I couldn't get to fit well was the one on the oil cooler. There's a 3/4" gap and it's hard to get the hose on there right. I ended up using a piece of silicon hose that I had laying around. It's holding up good.

Thanks for the part numbers. I checked into the parts store last night and got 4 out of the 5 that I think I need. It said that 3 of them we the same 90 degree bends about 6"s long. Is that true? Another one said that you should just use 3/8" x 3" piece of tubing to make the new hose from whatever pipe to whatever pipe. Would anyone know where I can get some damn diagrams? Those would be mighty helpful when trying to figure out what hoses go to which pipes. I know i could just figure it out for myself, but diagrams always help!!

I'm going to order the main radiator hoses from Ebay.... anyone know of the better ones to get off ebay? I don't want to pay a crap ton for them, but I don't want cheap crap either. The gates ones were SPO and I don't want to spend the money on those if I have to pay for shipping off Ebay anyways.

Any help you guys could give, would be SWEET!

Thanks for the part numbers. I checked into the parts store last night and got 4 out of the 5 that I think I need. It said that 3 of them we the same 90 degree bends about 6"s long. Is that true? Another one said that you should just use 3/8" x 3" piece of tubing to make the new hose from whatever pipe to whatever pipe. Would anyone know where I can get some damn diagrams? Those would be mighty helpful when trying to figure out what hoses go to which pipes. I know i could just figure it out for myself, but diagrams always help!!

I'm going to order the main radiator hoses from Ebay.... anyone know of the better ones to get off ebay? I don't want to pay a crap ton for them, but I don't want cheap crap either. The gates ones were SPO and I don't want to spend the money on those if I have to pay for shipping off Ebay anyways.

Any help you guys could give, would be SWEET!

Here is a picture. Look at the part numbers and you'll find them on the pic.

Yes, 3 of them are the same 90 degree bends that are about 6" long. The one near the oil filter is a pain to get too and replacing that hose is a lot easier if you have the oil filter out.

Don't forget to get heater hoses too, Mitsubishi sells them as a kit with both hoses and 4 clamps.

As for radiator hoses, I bought OEM ones from the dealership.

Attachments

• 2G Coolant hoses.pdf
    25 KB · Views: 243
Here are the part numbers from the dealership:

10163P - MD112349 - HOSE, Engine Oil Cooler
10163Q - MD301045 - HOSE, Engine Oil Cooler
10164 - MD309661 - HOSE, Engine Oil Cooler

10719 - MD112349 - HOSE, Turbo Water Return
10718 - MD306415 - HOSE, Turbo Water Feed

10712 - MD195053 - HOSE, Throttle Body Water Return
10711 - MD193577 - HOSE, Throttle Body Water Feed

Thanks i needed these.

Thanks for the .pdf it helped a lot!

I have been working on other things right now (Air Ride), but I am sure to get to the heater hoses and radiator hoses, just as soon as I have the space to actually take things apart. The car is in a tight garage right now, I can barely walk around it. Can't wait for the summer and the new garage I'm building!!!

Do you happen to have the heater core part #'s for the 2 hoses? I'm in need of replacing those. THank you

You might want to take a look at that silicone after a good run. Make sure it's not doing the Mr. Giggles balloon trick.

Surprisingly, it's held up well. I've looked at it when it's hot and it looks no different than when it's cold. Even when it has hot coolant running through it, it's still pretty firm. It's on that spot where there's only an inch or so gap.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back