The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

water pump pulley shaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rab

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 16, 2003
WisconsinUS
o.k. i bought a 1990 talon turbo for a good deal my first dsm and i'm not familyear with these cars at all.
my ? is the water pump pulley in shacking when at idle or maybe even when it accelerating just not sure havin check yet, has anyone had this problem before or maybe is this a common problem?
also can i remove the water pump pulley buy just taking off the 4 nuts on the pulley or will i have to remove the hole unit and then use a pulley puller tool cause i really don;t want to mess with taking all that other stuff off to get at the pump.

You can remove the pully by just removing the 4 bolts that go into the WP assembly through the pully. The wobble could just be a bent pully (easy to replace) or a few loose bolts. I doubt its the pump that would be bent or wobbling unless the bearings are going out in the WP (water pump). Does your water pump leak at all?

no the water pump don't leak. thanks for the answer that's what i thought too and i'm very happy i can get it off just buy taking those 4 nuts off, man i really happy.
thanks ryan

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back