The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

wastegate solenoid? where do the vacuum hoses go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XATgsx

20+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2003
FloridaUS
I just recently got my car back from the shop and I guess they don't know WTF their doing. Anyway I have a 95 GSX and it looks like the wastegate solenoid is not hooked up at all. It has two vacuum hose hook ups one right above the other. There is only one hose on it and the other end of that hose is just hangingdown. Then from the wastegate actuater there is a vacuum T, one end going to the intake tube and the other under the turbo or into it. Can someone tell me where the v.hoses go from the wastegate solenoid? :confused:

this is original

Attachments

• origin.jpg
    origin.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 232
Thanks for the info. And to test the solenoid you would hook the vacuum pump to the bottom one and see if it holds pressure at idle, correct?

hmm... dont know about that one. Well... actually, no. You do want the solenoid open during regular driving. It is only a failsafe in case you start making too much boost, then it closes and opens the wastegate sooner.

However, you are better off to install a boost gauge, and an MBC and forget about the BCS all together.

So if they solenoid had a bend in the middle, it would affect mid boost, like lugging the car a little bit?

ok, so I hooked up the solenoid and checked it and it won't hold vacuum. So i just bypassed it for now until I get a new one or something. Could this do any harm, running it with out the solenoid? Also this vacuum hose all the to the left on the intake manifold keeps popping off and causing it to idle high? Is it because the solenoid isn't in there or could this be something else.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back