The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

water fountain of coolant

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toppertopper

10+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2009
edmonton, AB_Canada
Car: 1g talon tsi auto
quick break down , been having serious coolant problems with this one ..Had to replace one after another ..Top rad hose, both coolant lines to turbo , bottom rad hose , another coolant line to turbo , ..
Today it blew a coolant hose going into the ofh .Temp was just a tad over normal..Fixed that on the side of the road ..

Problem starts now: Tossed some coolant , had buddy turn the heat on start it , coolant start flowing out like a water fountain ..i put the cap on (pressure relife cap) ..Re-started the car let the relife open coolant came out ..3 mins of running , temp got above normal shut it down , lifted the pressure relife and coolant flowed out the over flow ...

I am thinking hg but never seen coolant do that , Oil and coolant are not mixing , there were no bubbles it was just flowing out steady , half a jug of coolant flowed out on 1st start up

Also car was 1st started car was cold already

Very bad head gasket. All 3 times I have blown mine never mixed fluids. But allowed exhaust into cooling system.

I use a leakdown tester in the cylinders with the radiator cap off. Top the radiator off and pressurize the cylinders one by one. If the coolant in the radiator moves at all than the head gasket is leaking.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back