The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

95 420a FPR

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primecut4ya

Proven Member
Aug 8, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
Did a search nothing on what I'm looking for.. I have a bad fpr if I decide to go aftermarket, (because of cost, and looks) how do I bypass the OEM? Just cap the vacuum? The 420a fpr is on the right of the rail and being a 95 it has the return coming off the the left side of the rail.

I would think you'd just connect the FPR to the regulator side of the rail, (Where your return line is now) then your return line would be coming from the aftermarket FPR. (Usually the bottom port, as I recall.)

First off, why do you think that your regulator is bad, that is not a real common thing to break on these cars. Second installing a good quality adjustable regulator will not even be in the same ballpark as a replacement oem unit. You are looking at 150 for a regulator than another 50-100 bucks for lines and fittings to install it. There is also no performance gain from this.

In another post I mentioned that I have never been able to here the pump kick in, even with the back seat out, I have always had hard hot starts, I know it's unusual for the fpr to go out. What will happen is about ever 15th time it cranks over it will jump like it wants to start, I'm just feeling like it's building enough pressure to fire then nothing. And there should be some pressure in the rail if it is getting gas to the rail or am I wrong on that?

update have new fuel pump and regulator still not starting? looking at ASD next..but if it was bad would I be getting spark?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back