The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

omni4bar, boostest both higher than boost gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henrysan

Proven Member
Feb 20, 2014
wichita, Kansas
in my dsmlink v3 log i show boostest and omni4bar map sensor both lined up at 19.5-20psi to redline, but my boost gauge shows 16-17. what should i look for if this is not normal? thanks

You can test another boost gauge too but like he said up there as long as there is no boost leaks around your boost gauge then it shouldn't throw a weird reading.

Are you on SD or a MAF? Boostest will read higher then actual boost if your VE goes over 100%. Or if you add too much compensation in your maf comp table.

I did a boost leak test about a month ago that came out good. Car is Running SD, and I am still working on getting my VE table values lower, they are over 100. I was unaware of this, thanks for the info. I may also ask around to try another boost gauge to try.

I did a boost leak test about a month ago that came out good. Car is Running SD, and I am still working on getting my VE table values lower, they are over 100. I was unaware of this, thanks for the info. I may also ask around to try another boost gauge to try.

If your VE table is <100 then you need to play with your global some more.

If your VE table is <100 then you need to play with your global some more.

Thanks for the tip. I will Change my global to add more fuel and use dead time to bring fuel trims in line, and then work on my VE table after the fuel setting changes. I will see if this brings boost gauge and map sensor closer in values.

in my dsmlink v3 log i show boostest and omni4bar map sensor both lined up at 19.5-20psi to redline, but my boost gauge shows 16-17. what should i look for if this is not normal? thanks

You can't really compare the 3 as they all aren't measurements.

I would trust the Omni Sensor. Have you done a boost leak test?

This is correct. The only 2 you can compare are the Omni sensor and the boost gauge. There are the only two that are measuring the same value. You need to decide which one is accurate. If its the boost gauge then your Omni is reading incorrectly and you need to compensate. Elevation perhaps. If your Omni is accurate, replace your boost gauge or its sensor, or live with the inaccuracy. Either way, only 1 is right. I would trust the Omni too, in which cause you seem to be lined up correctly assuming your AFRs are in line.

could also just be a bad boost gauge. in my experience autometer boost gauges have been notoriously unreliable for example, with the car turned off many sit at 2-3 psi off 0 in either direction. what kind of gauge is it?

Thanks for the info guys. The gauge is an autometer 30 vac/30 psi. with the car shut off it sits just to the vaccum side of 0, and i read 19-21 in" vacuum at idle. Looks like ive got more to look into.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back