The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

vacuum line question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmxfan

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 7, 2011
kettering, Ohio
wondering what these went to (yellow circle) and if i could use any of them for my mbc since my j-pipe doesnt have a nipple. :confused:
any info will be helpful. :thumb:

Attachments

• newthing2.jpg
    newthing2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 82
They're for your emissions system. Someone had probably deleted it before you bought it. The p is your boost source, but it seems from the picture that the fitting isn't there anymore.

can i use the fpr vacuum line for the mbc? and the boost gauge?

Goto home depot and buy a NPT barb fitting that matches the hose size for your wastegate. Take the jpipe off (metal shavings) and drill a hole so the threaded part fits snug. Buy a tube of JB Weld and tuck it under the lip of the barb fitting so when you push it down it seals. Wait for it to cure and BAM! You now have a perfect source for your MBC "close as possible" where it NEEDS to be. Total cost, $8.

To prevent major boost spike, the hose needs to be short distance from the wastegate. If it ran fron your FPR line, it would spike like a porcupine. :thumb:

Not trying to thread jack. But I was wondering if anybody knows if its possible to have a vacuum leak even though a boost leak test will hold 35psi until its released?

Only thing that comes to mind as far as leaks go is that something is acting like a valve, opening to let air in and closing to not let air out. For example a vacuum line that runs close to something else and is eventually rubbed through. Under pressure the line expands sealing the hole against whatever it was rubbing against, while under vacuum it's puled away allowing air to get inside.

Not trying to thread jack. But I was wondering if anybody knows if its possible to have a vacuum leak even though a boost leak test will hold 35psi until its released?

Yes, it is possible to have a vacuum leak after the maf and before the turbo inlet. This would allow un-metered air to enter the system before the turbo.

Yes, it is possible to have a vacuum leak after the maf and before the turbo inlet. This would allow un-metered air to enter the system before the turbo.

Where though? :confused: Coupler that connects the maf to fp inlet pipe is a tight seal with t-bolt clamp and same with the bov recirc hose and the coupler to the turbo inlet. My idle never want to drop or stabilize lower then 1000-1100rpms.

I didn't say you had a leak. You asked if it were possible and yes it is. Most intake pipes have a nipple for a pcv hose at least. Welds can break, bad couplers, bad clamps, split hoses, etc etc. Are you sure the ISC is working?

I didn't say you had a leak. You asked if it were possible and yes it is. Most intake pipes have a nipple for a pcv hose at least. Welds can break, bad couplers, bad clamps, split hoses, etc etc. Are you sure the ISC is working?

Haha never thought you said i did. I was just asking where leaks could possibly be. The ISC hasnt worked properly since I got the car. It has ran really good in the past but one day the turbo blew and for some reason everything about the way the car ran got thrown out of whack.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back