The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

s afc troubleshoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s40zombie

Probationary Member
Apr 20, 2014
miami, Florida
hello i just installed an apexi s afc1 on a 2002 volvo s40 ..is almost the same as a mitsubishi carisma .. i come to this forum cause i know dsm means afc .. well here is my problem i just installed the s afc evrything is fine but when i turn on the car if i dont step on the gas the car will just turn off .. after a few seconds i could let go the gas and it will just sya at idle normally when im getting to a stop sign it also does this it turns right off .. i just finish installing the afc ..i set it up for hotwire and i put 04 in 04 out and i put everything at zero like normal you knwo .. what is it that could be that its making my car turn off .. before i installed the s afc wasnt doing this ..please let me know as soon as possible

well i have alot of friends with dsm and everbody knwos that people with dsm know about afcs ..i guess u dont know .but thats the word but if you have no help regarding my issue why you even commented ....thanks nexxt ..bump ..helpp

this is a video please let me know whats wrong in here !!

volvo safc troubleshooting - YouTube

well i have alot of friends with dsm and everbody knwos that people with dsm know about afcs ..i guess u dont know .but thats the word but if you have no help regarding my issue why you even commented ....thanks nexxt ..bump ..helpp

Maybe you should try a Volvo forum and not a dsm forum. Most of us here wouldn't be familiar with Volvos and none of us deal with hot wire set-up..

yea i know i tried ..people with volvos barely put afcs ..im one of the fews they are big nerds .. im really used to hondas i always had turbo hondas and i just got this car and i seen the performance is really limited so the best thing i could of gotten it was a s afc .. if you could please help me how to at least set this right .. meaning the s afc

yea i know i tried ..people with volvos barely put afcs ..im one of the fews they are big nerds .. im really used to hondas i always had turbo hondas and i just got this car and i seen the performance is really limited so the best thing i could of gotten it was a s afc .. if you could please help me how to at least set this right .. meaning the s afc

Not beingfamiliar with a Volvo, I wouldn't even know where to begin with even setting up the afc. You will find the same response from most everyone else on this forum. Setup alone is completely different on the Volvo than the dsm. You will have better luck on Google than here. Sorry I can't help you.

well i never soldered i just spliced them .. if you see the video you could see how it dies in the beggining but the maf is sending a signal at least do i have to put the male and female splitter or w,e cause i dont do that .. i just connected them like that just to see if it works fine

yea google dont even have anything cause volvos mostly are 5 cylinders and this is a 4 cylinder they are ###ing haters they call this the mitsuvolvo ..since mitsubishi made this car sorta ..

well i never soldered i just spliced them .. if you see the video you could see how it dies in the beggining but the maf is sending a signal at least do i have to put the male and female splitter or w,e cause i dont do that .. i just connected them like that just to see if it works fine

yea google dont even have anything cause volvos mostly are 5 cylinders and this is a 4 cylinder they are ###ing haters they call this the mitsuvolvo ..since mitsubishi made this car sorta ..

In our cars, you have to cut the mas wire and one side goes into the afc from the mas, the other comes from the afc to the ecu. You can't just tap into the uncut wire and expect the afc to properly alter Mas readings.

naw i did that i did it right its hooke up correctly it reads the maf sensor and everything

i cut the wire that goes to the maf and i runned the white wire i think and the yellow wire idk i cant remebr but yea i did it right

naw i did that i did it right its hooke up correctly it reads the maf sensor and everything

i cut the wire that goes to the maf and i runned the white wire i think and the yellow wire idk i cant remebr but yea i did it right

Did you setup airflow signal, cylinders, and everything else properly in the afc adjustments?

yea i put for the airflow signal that it was hotwire .. i dont know whats the in or out so i just put 5 in and 5 out ..what does in and out means i do not knwo ..also i put 4 cylinders throttle arrow up ..throttle i have it low 10 and high 50 ne 1 and ne2 both are at ten percent ..i dont know what that is ..pressure it reads -760 it doesnt move ..i dont think its suposed to since its a maf and not a map ..i dont know if im right i might be saying something really stupid .karman its at zero since its not a dsm ..throttle gets signal cause i pressed the gas all the way open and it goes to 100 ..the rpm works also but the correct display or w,e it was working but now it aint ..its at zero whats that for ?? here is the video just in case you havnt seen it let me know [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up1k-KFsAcg]volvo safc troubleshooting - YouTube[/ame]

this is a video please let me know whats wrong in here !!

volvo safc troubleshooting - YouTube

I have used afc's for a few years, I know them very well.. But your car is a volvo and has nothing to do with a dsm.. The wirring won't be remotely close..

the volvo s40 is the only volvo in their class not consider a volvo look it up ..its consider a mitsubishi carisma all the suspension from the evo 3 and all that bolts on ..

well i know the wiring is not close
im just wondering if the set up is correctly in the afc

LOL i had the manual and never noticed it well tmm ill change it but i just read up that siemens ecu dont work with afcc they say it auto correct the ecu so w,e im kinda mad i spent money buying this hit ..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back