The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Cracked wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chet1185

Proven Member
Feb 15, 2014
trevorton, Pennsylvania
Just found these wheels. Guy said there is a crack all the way through 1 of the spokes. Will it be a problem? And these will fit my 98 gst right? They are from a 00 gs.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It's a problem if you want to run them like that. There are shops that can fix some pretty wild wheel damage but it costs. Unless they were rare/expensive aftermarket wheels, I'd just look for a single stocker in a junkyard.

It's$100 for the set of 4.

Just didnt know if that would be an issue since there are like 10 spokes.

With one of the spokes cracked, the structural integrity of the wheel is compromised and it can no longer perform as designed. It might be fine or you could have a catastrophic failure at highway speeds. Pass on those bad boys

A machine shop can fix that, right? And they will fit?

If i can get it fixed cheap enough

They fit just fine but no, it takes a skilled shop to repair it not just anyone with a welder. It's a 3G wheel, you can find them in junkyards all the time. They go cheap enough on club3g. If you buy it for the other 3, just pick up a single one from a local junker.

It's not some rare or exotic set. The price to repair the wheel is going to WELL exceed that of buying a single.

Ok. Dude told me $75 for the 3 and he will give me the 4th. Ill try and locate one somewhere.

Im not seeing a classifieds section on club3g.....

Ok. Dude told me $75 for the 3 and he will give me the 4th. Ill try and locate one somewhere.

Im not seeing a classifieds section on club3g.....

Sign up for an account. Most automotive forums won't allow you to view their marketplaces without being a member. It's a subforum towards the bottom of the page. I do quite a bit of business with those guys over there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back