The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Manifold mounted Wastegates

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xuberantz

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 24, 2007
Edinburg, Virginia
I currently have an SBR cast manifold that is flanged but not drilled for a 38mm wastegate. I'm currently in the process of finalizing decisions and ordering parts for a complete build on my 92 AWD. I've arrived at an HX40 in a BEP .55 AR housing for the turbo setup. I decided to stay bolt on to for ease of installation and to maximize the parts I already have in place.

I was wondering, how effective are manifolds designed like this at controlling boost? I already have a custom 3'' downpipe and tubular 3'' o2 housing that work together. If I was to pick up an o2 housing with wastegate provision then I would have to have my downpipe modified also. If I'm messing with my downpipie I might as well go t3 but then I change a lot of potential parts that I've already purchased in the past that work just fine. I'd like to utilize as much as I already have because I hate buying parts over and over and it would allow me to designate those funds to other improvements.

If you have any actual experience with wastegates mounted on the manifold in this fashion please chime in!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back