The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

mbc with no j pipe nipple

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmxfan

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 7, 2011
kettering, Ohio
can i use the nipple thats double circled for the pressure source to my mbc? my j pipe has no nipple so i was just wondering.
thanks in advanced!

Attachments

• turboqest.jpg
    turboqest.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 66
No you can't. It has to be a post Turbo nipple. You can T into the fpr vacuum hose Or use one of the nipples on your intake manifold.

I thought id elaborate! Lets say you set the MBC to limit your turbo at 16psi. The boost source you tap into will be what tells the MBC what pressure your turbo is creating. If you tap into the intake before the turbo, the turbo hasn't compressed the air yet so there's no positive pressure. Your MBC has no idea what pressure your turbo is pushing if its set up to sense air before the turbo has pressurized it. So while its waiting for the 16psi to build up in the intake (which it never will) so it can tell the turbo to stop, your turbo will be going nuts. aka boost spike, which is bad.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back