The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

First cruise after HX35 install...any and all opinions & suggestions please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodbyeSTI

Proven Member
Oct 3, 2013
Billings, Montana
Went for a cruise after wrinkling out the major bugs with the hx35/bep.55 install, leaks, fitment and such. This replaced a ebay 20g, so to say the least it was a major improvement in my book. Just took a while to spool. Played with the ebc gain & boost levels, then the timing a bit. But seemed every time we tried to add a degree or two it knocked. Anyways I attached a couple of logs (conservative on rpm) of 2nd & 3rd. Any concerns:notgood: or suggestions will be appreciated:D

Attachments

• Thu.Apr.17.21.02-01.elg
    101.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Thu.Apr.17.21.09-01.elg
    50.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Yeah. I've known it was pretty low, worse with the headlights on. I read running a wire directly off the output to the battery may help a bit. Other than a higher amp alt what else could be done?

Look into getting a Galant alternator. Its a 90 amp model that is a direct bolt-on.

the saturn alternator was helpful for me. With a little modding you can fit a high amp version from a saturn. there are threads explaining this on here

A try and add a ground from the case of the alt. to the body. That solved my problem. Also the ghetto way to make it a little better would be unplug the alternator. You will then have to rev the car every time you start the car to have the alteator start working. But you will gain volts. Like I said it's not a perm solution but it will get you more volts.

Is your fuel pump not rewired directly to the battery? If your volts are that low, they are possibly lower at the pump. Low voltage at the pump will affect fuel pressure, which if you don't have enough fuel, could cause laggyness, stumbling, knocking. I'd start with a rewire of the pump and go from there.

I would start with replacing the alt, at no time should your running voltage be below 13v. I know these cars suck at idle but still your gonna kill that battery. And you need to do it soon bro trust me. Your gonna go to start it, you'll need a jump.

I have got a ebay alternator Bulldog I think was the name. It's a 165 amp works wonders. Ran me $250 I would recommend to everyone. No modification required to run it either.

[ame=http://www.ebay.com/itm/110999618487?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT]95 99 Eclipse 95 98 Talon High Output Alternator 165 Amps | eBay[/ame]

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back