The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Looking for more power, more boost or different setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Throwback23

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 28, 2012
Boring, Oregon
I currently have a e16g street tuned @20psi 92oct. When I first put it together I loved the punch it had but I've gotten pretty used to it and have I've been considering swapping to the 20g wheel with the anti surge housing. I'm really just looking to get a little (or alot LOL) more kick in the pants. Ideally I would just press the 16g into the mid 20 psi range and probably attain my goal but only have 92 Oct pump gas available to me so im under the assumption that detonation may be an issue. Now I could be wrong and I hope I am LOL but is anyone else in the mid 20s on pimp gas with a 16g or am I better off with the td05 20g setup? The 68hta is also another option ive looked into but would rather try the cheaper alternatives first.

I'm limited in my area, no e85 stations open to public for 30 miles or I'd be all over converting to e85 and running the 16g at 25psi. I guess im sort of wondering whether generally speaking people who run or have ran e16g setups anywhere above 20psi on pump gas have made good power without knock. If not I may move over to the 20g wheel although I'd hate to lose that low end punch.

What about meth injection?

I use that on my 1G along with 94 octane and have seen 35psi spikes with no knock. Currently run it at about 30psi, which tapers to 26psi at 7k rpm with no knock and 14* peak timing with no knock. Could probably even push for more timing.

Methanol is an option, actually seems more like the only option for me if i keep the 16g and boost higher. The price of putting it together is more then converting to a 20g wheel but it may be worth the overall gains.

I would crank up the boost, tune or have it tuned and see if you knock. You've got plenty of fuel pump to play with, and your injectors shouldn't have any trouble, depending on what your IDCs are currently.

And really, a 20g wheel with the tdo5h turbine isn't going to be a jump big enough to warrant buying it. You'll still be limited by that turbine. Jump up to a tdo6 variant at the very least. That e316g wheel is already enough to overrun its turbine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back