The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

maf translator help needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91_4g63t

Proven Member
Nov 14, 2013
peyton, Colorado
Just picked up a maf translator with a 3inch maf. The only instructions i can find are for the new 2.0+. I need to be sure i can set this up temporaly until i get my piggy back engine mangement. Do you set the maf and spark at the same settings? Or if i can get the setting from someone running the same mods. Im running a 20g turbo, fmic, stock injectors (will be upgraded as soon as i find a fpr and rail to 660) please help. Maf will be mounted behind bov. Thanks. I have used search and have been to the website. Ive only found 2.0+ directions.

Sweet, thanks man. One last question they are not real specific on where to connect the gray wire. Its the only one that doesnt have a home right now.

Yea i came across that already. It has its harness i dont get why i would have to run it to the ecu if its considered a plug-n- play. The guy that had it before had it ran to some where in the engine bay wrapped inside a vacuum hose. Definatly not long enough to reach the ecu. Yes i tried to get ahold of him. Nothing yet.

I figured it out. Im just going to hard wire it in. For some reason the wires dont match up from maf harness to the ecu harness. Probably why his car ideled like crap. Thanks for the help. Should be up and running by tomorrow.

Nevermind i was being an un educated fool. Everythings good. All those wires match up. The only wires that dont go to anything are the ecu green/red. On the maft the white and purple wires. If im correct.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back