The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

91 Galant Vr4 to 1G swap list

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoostedTT91

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 2, 2004
Elysburg, Pennsylvania
I am parting out my galant vr4 and swapping the parts from it into a 90-91 1G. Its been quite awhile since i have owned a dsm so i can't remember what all is the same that i can swap over to a 1G and won't wont fit. I know the 90 1G's have different wiring so im guessing the ECU won't swap over and 90's have a different spline tcase.
Can anyone help me out with a list of stuff that i will be able to swap into a 1G. If it was a 91-94 dsm im guessing everything but the driveshaft should work. If it was a 1990 would i be able to use the vr4 tranny and tcase still without any problems?
Any help would be appriciated

Motor
transmission
xfer case
Rear diff
Brakes w/brackets and rotors
ECU

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back