The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Injectors not lining up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kdouglas89

Proven Member
Jul 8, 2013
Davenport, Iowa
Purchased a fuel rail with a AFPR welded on the end of it. The guy said he got it in a trade, but never used himself. It's actually pretty cool how whoever did it, welded the gauge to the end.

My issue is, I can only get 1, maybe 2 of the injectors to actually sit properly in the manifold. They are sitting fine in the rail. I tried moving the rail and tightning etc, but no luck.

Is this rail just a lost cause, or is there something I can try to get all 4 seated properly? "They are just barely not lining up".

If it's a stock rail, you need the rail spacers to sit between the rail and the head and it helps to come down symmetrically with the rail and bolts lined up. I resolved my issue this way. If not try on the other one you had if no problem, then something is up with that rail.

Well, it's really not that they dont reach. It's more that they are off to the side a tad.

Can you actually move the injector so that it will go into the hole? Sometimes you have to move the a little bit in the rail to get them to go in.

Can you actually move the injector so that it will go into the hole? Sometimes you have to move the a little bit in the rail to get them to go in.

I tried sticking a leverage bar of sorts "An extension" in between rail and something to try and pry at it a bit. No luck.

:aha:try using your fingers, if its really not working then go back to the old rail and compare side by side,

You guy were talking about moving the actual injector? I did not think to try that, I was trying to press on the rail to drop them in place. When I get home from work I'll try that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back