The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

AEM Wideband Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM Phantom

Proven Member
Oct 6, 2013
Grafton, Massachusetts
My Wideband worked fine to day now it reads max lean all the time

My question is how often will i have to replace the probe? This is my first wideband02 setup
Thanks
Wade
Boston Ma

How old is the Wideband, approximately?

Bosch technical information states: The useful service life of the Bosch sensor itself is 100,000 miles or 10 years.

This is in ideal situations of course, which basically means on non-leaded fuel a well tuned engine that's not running overly rich, and where the sensor is located in the proper location in the exhaust pipe in order to prevent overheating of the o2 sensor.

Probe is in the rear o2 bung.
Came with the car and when i took it home i realized that the ecu was locked in open loop.
I dont know how long it was like that but the car sat in thos kids shop for four years before i purchased it , they slapped it together to sell it.
A new one it is thanks again

My wideband is my heart and soul for tuning. I wouldn't even ask if I thought is was acting funny.

Replace it.:thumb:

Replace it when it stops reading ,replace when in doubt, now is a good time.

yupp... there is also the rag full of break cleaner method. if its working correctly it should read a rich condition of 10:1. Do this with the sensor removed and key ON car OFF if it still reads Lean you have a bad sensor. Autozone sells them you will need to do your own research to find part #. ps Proceed with caution and don't burn your car or house down during test and you will be golden :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back