The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Ecuflash tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That means it's read the ecu successfully, but you don't have a complete XML for that file so you can't tune it. Go to 'File' and save the ROM file. You can use any 98-99 ROM file for tuning, since some of them are more well developed than others.

You cant tune your stock map, (that I know of). That is why you use the Ceddy map.

You keep the stock tune for backup if something goes wrong or need to get an inspection sticker.
I never looked at my stock map after saving it, you wont need it again,(unless for above reasons).

If you are using Big maps, you have to tune from scratch. If you are running the free version, it is the same tune as your stock tune. It just has everything added and "unlocked" so to speak.

Pull up your Ecuflash program. Open Ceddymods ROM. Make whatever changes you need to make, (fuel maps and timing maps are stock). Flash the Ceddymod ROM into your car with ECUFlash.

My setup. T28 at 16psi, wally 255 pump, 8 & 6an fuel lines, AEM fuel rail, fic 680cc injectors, 6 bolt swap built.. Roughly tuned with maft.

When I go to "read from ECU" that's my stock tune that I save, that ill use as a backup right?

My tune is decent now already with maft, what I want to do is turn my stock boost gauge into a knock gauge, and get launch control.

But id like to learn the system some to see how it works because some day id like to try and tune myself

My setup. T28 at 16psi, wally 255 pump, 8 & 6an fuel lines, AEM fuel rail, fic 680cc injectors, 6 bolt swap built.. Roughly tuned with maft.

When I go to "read from ECU" that's my stock tune that I save, that ill use as a backup right?

My tune is decent now already with maft, what I want to do is turn my stock boost gauge into a knock gauge, and get launch control.

But id like to learn the system some to see how it works because some day id like to try and tune myself

Yes, read from ECU will be your stock map, (considering it IS stock still).

Once you decide to start tuning the fuel map, (id start ASAP because MAFT sucks for it IMO) you absolutely must zero out the MAFT. Use http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-tuning-ecu/407715-how-get-basic-tune-ecuflash.html, when you get to the part where you insert injector sizing, etc. is when you have to zero out the MAFT.

It may sound like it would work will both the ECU and the MAFT saying 650cc injectors, but it wont and I cant explain it without typing for 20 minutes LOL.

Okay finally figured out the the roms. I setup injector scaling & latency, so now on my maft I zero out my maft, including the one for injector size?

The "zero'd" out position for injectors "base knob" on the maft is stock 450s.. Does that mean the maft will never adjust fuel, or will it trying manipulating fuel as if I have 450s installed?

Also, I understand what the link you gave me says about idle & wot, but what about cruise? Says in the works.. For years now LOL. And fuel maps, any good links on that? I searched, only helpful thing was a series of YouTube videos... For an evo. Thanks

I don't have any experience with a MAFT, but whatever settings it needs to be for a stock configuration. That way it tells your ECU exactly what a stock MAF should tell it. The ECU will do the rest.

Remember, all the MAFT does is alter the signal to the ECU and "tricks" it. You dont want to trick the ECU anymore because it now knows you have 680cc injctors. :thumb:

Awesome man thanks for all the help.

Does Ecuflash w/ ceddy show knock on boost gauge/CEL simply by enabling it? I've seen a lot of posts about thresholds and sensitivity and so on.. Do I need to mess with that stuff, or is it straight forward? I don't want false knock readings, ie. Getting knock but no cel/boost gauge warnings, therefore I think the tune is good.

Also could the tune be good enough just from dialing in the injectors for idle and wot, or should I mess with fuel/timing? I would be more comfortable not, but if I have to then I have no choice, huh? Gotta learn sometime I guess

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back