The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

failed smog

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharky559

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2010
Sanger, California
Well I took the 2g to get smog changed. Pass the visual but failed emissions. And they called my car a gross polluter. Don't know what's going on. I have no check engine light. Need help. Any ideas on what could be the problem. ...

Didn't they give you a report of what failed? It makes a big difference as to what it is polluting exactly. Its hard to give recommendations without more information.

Usually the smog technician will tell you what could cause the problem if you ask them, also post the paperwork so that people can see the report. Last time this happened to me on my truck he said to change the spark plugs and pcv valve, I did and it past the next day. Good luck :thumb:

%co2 %o2 HC(PPM) CO% NO(PPM)

Test RPM MEAS MEAS MAX GP MEAS MAX GP MEAS MAX GP MEAS

15mph 1645 11.8 2.8 87 247 265 0.51 2.01 1.88 701 1930 527 Fail

25mph 1818 10.6 3.6 52 224 266 0.49 1.99 3.18 730 1730 464 Gross polluter

that's what the test result say. let me know what happend

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back