The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G GSX Rear Wheel Flange Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyte

Probationary Member
Mar 11, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Ok, searched and searched but I am at an impass on my track car build and it is starting to bug me (Piss me off). So, ordered new wheel bearings/hub asys. Package came in mail, left it on table and proceeded to basically take off the entire suspension system (replacing most of it and new poly bushy set all around). Anyways, figured I would do the rears first because motor is out in front and not feel like fighting with it to get the axles back in when I can have the motor in first.
(Smarter not harder).

So, get the rear knuckle out, bang bang bang with the BFH and out comes the bearing/hub (here comes the rub). I grab my box from inside and open the box and...no wheel flange. Grabbed the front ones I ordered...shiny new wheel flange. Well S#I^ I thought, ordered the wrong dang part. Jumped on the interwebs and...nothing. I cant find a single place that sells the AWD rear wheel bearing with the wheel flange. WTF I thought. Then I figured, looks like Im going to have to press out and reuse the old ones. Here is where the problem arose:

The rear mating surface between the axle and wheel flange has some...lets just call them love blemishes from the BFH. Nothing huge but it does impose on the angled surface. I have been basically replacing everything that I dont feel 100% about as this car is going for track duty and I cant drive it if I dont trust it. Now I dont trust the flange.

(Jesus this ran long)

1: I can not find anywhere that sells the flange. Anyone know of a place?
2: Are the front flanges the same size as rear? For that matter, is the front wheel bearing/hub asy the same as the rear?

Help is greatly appreciated. Now I have to go replace my garage door after kicking a damn hole in it out of frustration.:ohdamn:

I thought you had to be retarded and then I went and looked around myself and sure enough I only see the bearing assembly for the rear awd. That is weird! Now I'm really glad I have a spare set! Yeesh.

That's weird because when I ordered mine from JNZ tuning, I got complete wheel bearing/hub assemblies....ready to bolt in. I have a 99 and I would think that they are the same as a 95.

Trust me TSI, I felt retarded being unable to find it.

Estoy, I got the bearing and hub asy as one piece, it did not come with the stud flange though. Did yours come with the flange as well? The center splined section that is attached to the flat part the wheel suts are located in.

The OEM rear hub/bearing assembly has been available all day, every day for ages. VtecvrsTurbo posted a link to the part no. An aftermarket version? Never seen one of those yet.

Im sure that OP meant the hub. Yes PAUL@RTM is right they don't sell an aftermarket rear wheel/hub bearing and the only place you can get them is the dealer. Last year I ordered one for around $150 to $200, and wait until you have to replace the rear axle that you just damage. Actually the only place that I could find the rear axle was RTM. And still had to fix the threads because they were mushroomed. Good luck OP!

Trust me TSI, I felt retarded being unable to find it.

Estoy, I got the bearing and hub asy as one piece, it did not come with the stud flange though. Did yours come with the flange as well? The center splined section that is attached to the flat part the wheel suts are located in.

Mine was 100% complete, mounting hub, wheel bearing and wheel flange with lug nuts. When I ordered it, I just asked for the wheel bearing hub assembly. I've been getting my OEM parts from JNZ Tuning because they are genuine Mitsubishi parts at a better discount than the stealership.

Thanks for all the replies. I am just debating if I go ahead and drop the money for the oem pieces or press out my current ones to reuse. A second look showed not as much damage as I had thought. Nothing that impedes upon the mounting surface. Guess Ill flip a coin tomorrow :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back