The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G coil and cam connectors backwards help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryingtofixthis

Proven Member
Mar 16, 2014
columbus, Ohio
I got my connectors backwards been messing with this car for a while. Switched back tried old ecu and new ecu after trying them both with connections the wrong way. Still no spark now that connectors are right. Ecus bad? Coil? I don't know at my wits end feel stupid for not catching the mix up earlier. Turns over, get good compression.. bout to buy another engine harness and engine and ecu.

I can't get no help?

Its possible you fried something in the ecu having the coil plugged into the cas. You might wanna open the ecu's up and look for damage. Have you checked all the fuses? Its possible the cas is screwed up from the mix up, you should test it or get another to try.

You should try and see if the power transistor is bad. I was haveing the same problem so I swapped out the old one with a working one and she finally came back to life.

Might check the mfi relay to, or listen for it ticking when you turn the key. I had a few go out on me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back