The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

BOV help, NGR type-S

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJBoostedDSM

Proven Member
Aug 2, 2013
clark, New_Jersey
I recently just broke off a nipple on my knock off greddy BOV so now i want to upgrade, i love the sound of the greddy type s so i found the NGR type-s, what do you guys think about this?

Shop NGR | NGR Performance

also would i need to get the flange for this BOV or will it hook up nice to the same spot i had the knock off BOV?

I've been running my NGR-Type S for almost 4 1/2 years now, and absolutely no issues.

Short video clip of it in action.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uhHdRMgww8]DSM morning drive - YouTube[/ame]

I'm running one as well. Boost leak tested up to 30 psi and no leaks. It functions perfectly.

Ngr are great bov's and use the same greddy style flange so your all good! I have several friends that use them with no complaints that I know of!

thanks! :thumb:

Its a great BOV and should bolt up with no issues

ahh thank god! haha

I have that same exact one. Sounds amazing.

i know i love it! =p

I've been running my NGR-Type S for almost 4 1/2 years now, and absolutely no issues.

Short video clip of it in action.
DSM morning drive - YouTube

4.5 years!? thats crazy haha and it sounds amazing man

Better then Greddy

:thumb:

I'm running one as well. Boost leak tested up to 30 psi and no leaks. It functions perfectly.

wow nothing but positive posts, definitely getting it now...

Customer service is awesome too. I do recommend getting a replacement oring with it when you order. It's like $2. I've never had an issue, but I've seen see a few instances of people tightening the adjustment on the bov too much and breaking the oring. It's just nice to have on hand.

Customer service is awesome too. I do recommend getting a replacement oring with it when you order. It's like $2. I've never had an issue, but I've seen see a few instances of people tightening the adjustment on the bov too much and breaking the oring. It's just nice to have on hand.

okay thanks! yeah better safe than sorry!

Probably one of the better sounding BOV. Some have hear my car and then wanted to change to the same BOV I got.

yeah i was into the greddy type-s cause i love the whistle, not a fan of the flutter sound sounds ugly but seen they dont make em anymore and stumbled on this one and had to find out more about it

NGR type-s works great. I've had one for maybe three years now, two of which has been racing. Boost leak tests just fine up to 30psi, handles daily driving well in a recirculated configuration very well (no bucking or anything when adjusted properly). I've been very pleased with it.

NGR type-s works great. I've had one for maybe three years now, two of which has been racing. Boost leak tests just fine up to 30psi, handles daily driving well in a recirculated configuration very well (no bucking or anything when adjusted properly). I've been very pleased with it.

okay great! but when i get it what do i need to do to allow it to work to its potential? i cant just take it out of the box and put it on? how do you recirculate it or vent it?

Don't vent it. Just take the stock tube and connect it to the BOV outlet. Take it out of the box and slap it on. Got for a drive and adjust it to your liking. Just make sure the nut on top isn't free spinning when you go for a drive otherwise you can say bye to that

You'll want to remove the smaller of the two springs from inside the bov as well. Necessary for our type of diverter valve/MAF configuration. You can read about this modification here: EVO Performance Parts | EvoMoto.com

Trust me it's critical.

Does this apply to stock boost levels with a t25 as well? I'm not having any idling issues or anything, but I'm curious about this little modification.

I have no idea what issues might manifest with a t25. I haven't had a t25 since 1999. It doesn't help with idle, it helps with part throttle releases for the most part, and it's entirely possible with your configuration it isn't relevant.

Thanks for the compliments guys! If anyone any assistance in adjusting or in general, please feel free to pm us or email us!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back