The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

326whp & 312wtq with minor mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91fwdrst

Proven Member
Aug 3, 2013
Buckeye, Arizona
So I took my car to get a dyno done to see where I would be sitting at with the mods that are on the car. I was shocked to what the car made. With a 2g exhaust manifold, Hallman boost controller, vrsf fmic, and a dejon intake pipe with k
&n filter I made 265whp and 268wtq @ 9.1 psi. We turned the boost up some to 13.6 psi, but I ended up hitting fuel cut in the middle of the run so we turned it down to 13.1 which was when the car made 326whp and 312wtq. I am not to sure if anything has been done to the car internally, I checked the turbo its still the stock 14b. A few weeks go by and I'm doing a tune up on the car via spark plugs,wires,and valve cover gasket and me and my friend take the valve cover off and spotless. Like I mean this head looks like its only been on the car for a short period of time. I was talking to my brother who I bought the car from which he bought it from his friend and where trying to figure out if the car has different pistons, ported head, or something done that's not going to be visible unless we take the motor apart. Any ideas what would cause the car to make those kind of numbers and why I would be hitting fuel cut at only 13.6 psi? Thanks for any input.

It's an RS? So I'm guessing it's a turboed RS? Not a GST.

If the dyno is correct and your not BSin(not saying you are)...

Then expect that 14B to be ported maybe even have a hybrid who knows?

High compression...

Forged pistons, bored block...

Bigger cams ported and polished head...
Gutted intake manifold...

Timing might be off...by a lot...

So many possibilities but...honestly who's gonna rip apart an engine just to find out? Lol ...just enjoy and make sure it's not gonna ignite LOL...

Any shot of nitrous...dumb I know but still...and injector size?

Yeah its a Rs fwd. I love the car LOL. With the car no nitrous, stock injectors, stock cams, and had the timing belt done recently and its running fine it didnt pull any timing on the dyno run either. From what I was told its a completely stock 14b, but then again I'm always learning something new with the car everyday. Also the dyno is one of the lowest reading dyno's where I live.

Oh I forgot to mentioned its on a stock 1g maf too. Just recently bought a 2g maf to put on.

Honestly that's pretty high for a 14b, are you sure its not a 16g? Cause at 9.1 Psi I don't think you can make more power than stock. Like the car stock sits around 210 hp with 9-11(Edited saw justin post the correct psi for 14b's.) psi from the 14b or so. So either something is really built or you have a different turbo. Especially if your hitting a fuel cut before 14psi seems a bit weird.

Positive cause I considered that a possibility but the numbers all matched up on the housing for a 14b. Wish it was a 16g though.

I agree thats alot of flow for a 14b. It is possible to have a hybrid. I had a evo 16g with 20g compressor in there.

You got some decent numbers I would be careful though you probably running lean.

I found it weird too that I'm hitting fuel cut before 14psi. When we did the pull I though i turned the boost to high by accident and it was over 16psi but unfortunately it wasnt. I'm starting to wonder though if the turbo doesn't have other parts on it cause I believe the stock wastegate spring is like 11 or 12 psi and the fact that I was able to run the car at 9 doesn't make since.

I don't know then because people who are using a 14b with around the same mods that you have are pushing 24 PSI and barely making those numbers.

DSM Forums - View Profile: pneumo

This guy has a fully built motor and pushing 25 PSI and is probably pushing a little more HP at the crank than you.
Something other than what you listed is on the car probably or the motor is built a decent bit.

Easiest way to find out if its been torn down and built is to look at gaskets and seals.... I could tell my car has been apart because there are a few red flags, fel pro tab sticking out on my head gasket uner the intake manifold, rtv sealant around the oil pan, rtv around the trans and starter plate to engine, couple almost stripped bolts randomly around the bay. Do some investigating.

Throw up a pic of the dyno sheet....

I would tear it apart now but unfortunately im moving to arizona in a week so I wont be able to really tear into the car until after I get moved in. One thing that doesnt make since to me is that I hit those numbers on a stock exhaust the only thing that has changed on it like I mentioned was my brothers stock 2g manifold. Wanted to see the hp difference when I put the new exhaust on the car but idk what to think of this anymore.

I can tell you right now the dyno used was out of calibration. (Which is weird for a Mustang) Your car probably put down 226WHP & 212WTQ which would make much more sense for being stock and FWD

I can tell you right now the dyno used was out of calibration. (Which is weird for a Mustang) Your car probably put down 226WHP & 212WTQ which would make much more sense.

Its a brand new dyno though would be they be out of calibration that soon? As soon as i get down to arizona where the track is opened I'm gonna run it. Unfortunately I live in the lovely state of Co where were getting pounded by snow. Yaaaaayyyyyyy :toobad: oh well in a week shes gonna see nothing but sunshine and track lanes LOL

Whats crazy I went in expecting to hit maybe 220whp @15psi but im shocked that on 13psi I made more hp and tq that the top person on the dyno chart for the 14b.

Mustang Dyno

Not just that, but 326whp on a Mustang Dyno with a 14B and 13psi at a mile above sea level.

This doesn't throw up any flags for you? ROFL

Alright screw it I'll say it...

Either you don't know what you really have going on in your engine bay and hav a busted boost gauge...

Or

That Mustang Dyno has a lot of adjustments to go through...

Post a picture of the Dyno Sheet and shut me up please LOL...

Till then...I'm in the "there's no way your stock motor with those bolt ons made that much power" side...

Yeah it raises red flags like crazy on my end. I'll post it up here in my pics won't let me do the link for the dyno sheet. Trust me I find it hard to believe too I've been trying see if my motor is built or if the dyno is off or what

Ha, what I was saying is you don't have to tear into anything to bring on the suspicion that your motor has been torn down, go out and look at gaskets, some aftermarket ones have tabs that purposely stick out to show a brand name, like my fel pro exhaust gasket and head gasket... then when I changed my oil one of the first days I had my car I saw the oil pan and trans had excessive rtv gooping out of them. So, without putting a wrench to a single bolt I can safely assume the head has been off at least once, and the block has at least been pulled due to it being rtv'd to the trans like crazy now. With the pan and head being off at some point ill never know what's going on inside, till I grab a wrench and pull the pan. Could have just checked clearances or it could be fully rebuilt???

Yeah it raises red flags like crazy on my end. I'll post it up here in my pics won't let me do the link for the dyno sheet. Trust me I find it hard to believe too I've been trying see if my motor is built or if the dyno is off or what

It's not just "hard to believe" .. it's not possible at that boost (let alone altitude) on that turbo.

Built or not. Pump, E85 or Race gas.. The requisite air mass to make that much power is just not there to be delivered.

This isn't speculation or "haters," it's just not possible to do with an accurate calibration.

For me its not about the record or worrying about what people think of the numbers but more so what could be done to the car to cause those numbers even if its not a 14b but a hybrid and a partially built motor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back