The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

almost done but few things confuse me

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 7, 2011
New Haven, Connecticut
I finally put my motor in and mostly i got everything connection. Few wire harness are not connection because i have no idea where it belong. So i turn my key to crank it. it crank but it have no spark. I cant find where is the crankshaft sensor on the 420a. Also on this picture, you see there 3 things that need to be done. One is the evap hose ( i have no idea where that goes), tiny evap hose ( i dont know where that goes either) and last one is intake manifold sensor. i cant find where the wire harness for that. I check every plug but it not there. :aha:

Attachments

• IMG_20130106_164834.jpg
    IMG_20130106_164834.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 64
The crank position sensor on a 420a, i believe, is an inch or so above the oil filter location. The two smaller hoses, if they are evap, and I remember correctly, I capped off.

It would make since it didnt get going if you didn't have that MAP sensor plugged in. You can always go to a boneyard and cut the pigtail out and rewire it in to yours if you have to.

Ckp on 420a is right above the oil pan right behind the crank pulley on the firewall side. The map sensor plug should be with the injector harness. Its probably under the IM.
There should be a black box under the IM as well for vacuum lines but that one looks broke?

The crank position sensor on a 420a, i believe, is an inch or so above the oil filter location. The two smaller hoses, if they are evap, and I remember correctly, I capped off.

It would make since it didnt get going if you didn't have that MAP sensor plugged in. You can always go to a boneyard and cut the pigtail out and rewire it in to yours if you have to.

okay thank you. I have no spark when i try to crank. i dont know why. I have to find wire harness for map sensor to turn on the car right? im not sure.

Ckp on 420a is right above the oil pan right behind the crank pulley on the firewall side. The map sensor plug should be with the injector harness. Its probably under the IM.
There should be a black box under the IM as well for vacuum lines but that one looks broke?

Thank you, So these two small evap hose is to suspost to connection to black box right?

The little hose is either from the egr valve/solenoid or from the vacume box to the cruise controll if you have it. I agree with those guys that the map sensor pigtail is probably somewhere under you harness that runs along the back side of your valve cover.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back