The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

My clutch need to be bled out

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bboyroxas

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 5, 2012
gallardo, Tennessee
I clutch only engages at the bottom just noticed it this morning can I bleed the clutch fluid from the slave cylinder will that do it

If the clutch is grabbing right off the floor, bleeding isn't going to do much unless you're positive there is air in the line....you need to crawl under the dash and adjust the clutch properly at the master cylinder.

It is normally under pressure as soon as I apply my foot and I like this feeling today it was like it sunk 2 inches without much force applied

Id go with justin and atleast try ajusting it... ## clutch aint just gunna get air in the line either your clutch is goin or it needs ajusment...

Well if it just happened out of the blue, check the clutch fluid in the reservoir...often you can have a small leak in the master or slave cylinder which drains the fluid slowly over the course of a few months. Once the level gets low enough to let air into the system, suddenly your clutch action changes.

Look at the slave first- if it looks dry, stick your head under the dash and see if there's a trail of fluid running down the firewall from the master cylinder then you know where your leak spot is. ;)

How many miles does the master cylinder have on it? I've replaced mine twice on my 2g gsx. At 78k when I bought the car and again at 150k - I guess they tend to go out around that mileage. If you have some cash to spend - get the SS braided kit that deletes the middle section and goes directly from your master cylinder to your clutch slave. That's what I did and the response is great on my clutch. I'd follow everyone's recommendation above first before replacing it though.

Yes my fluid was very low I topped it off again twice and I have been pumping it hoping the air will leave is there a blender valve on the slave

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back