The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Is this a map sensor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocCitySlayer

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 20, 2011
Rochester, New_York
I think it is but im not to sure. It has a 3 wire plug with a red, white and black wire that was connected to it. If it is a map, how can i tell how many bars it is. There is no name on it, just C B A on the back where the harness plugs in

Attachments

• IMG_20120804_185545.jpg
    IMG_20120804_185545.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20120804_185555.jpg
    IMG_20120804_185555.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20120804_185550.jpg
    IMG_20120804_185550.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 52
Sorry for grave digging my own thread, but I was wondering if I could use this map sensor to accurately measure my boost and log it in link and how I'd go about doing it.

I have no clue :confused:, the previous owner was planning on going SD but never finished it. For some reason he apparently felt the need to spray paint the thing :ohdamn:. I might be wrong but it kinda looks like a GM 3 bar map.

Ill try to find the part number, Also if by chance it is a gm 3 bar, Can I use it to log actual boost? If so do you know of any links that show how to do it?

Wire it into link, choose one of the GM options, compare logged value to boost gauge. If they match, you figured out which one you have. If they don't match, try another sensor.

Ok cool thanks. Guess ill give it a try when i get the car back on the road. Hopefully this week :hellyeah:. But there seems like theres a ton of issues that i need to fix and im notveven sure why. Car been down almost 2 years now and its been pissing me off.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back