The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Fuel Pressure Regulator Location

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydrojenn

Probationary Member
May 11, 2012
San Jose, California
I have a 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2.0 DOHC auto transmission

Took it to a mechanic that says I need a "possible" Fuel Pressure Regulator and Fuel Pump replacement in order to pass smog.

Where is the Fuel Pressure Regulator located in my vehicle? Does it even have one? I can't get a straight answer via Google or my Chiltons book.

Thanks in advance.
Jenn

It's either on the fuel rail itslef with a return line to the tank, or under the car near the fuel tank right after the fuel filter. Given that you have a 96, it's most likely under the car.

Did your mechanic tell you the exact reason it failed smog? I wouldn't replace the fuel pump, just the FPR if he says it's important. I would give the car a good tune up (spark plugs, spark plug wires, even front O2 sensor) before you replace the fuel pump.

95s and early 96 models had the FPR at the end of the fuel rail. Late 96-99 had the FPR back by the gas tank as stated.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back