The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Flex Plate and Torque Converter Bolts BROKEN NEED HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanGST

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 8, 2010
Bronx, New_York
Today I was driving and my car starting slipping alot through gears. Then, the whole car just shut off on me. I went to turn it on but there was a growling noise. I pushed it home and jacked it up and seen the inspection plate buldging out. When I took out the plate all the bolts fell out and a peice of the flex plate. Does anyone know where i can get the flexplate and also how to double the flexplate, Do i just put two flexplate and bolt them on and dont i need longer bolts since its thicker now.

the flexplates are just a 'star' shaped plate on the 4G series, if you need one built let me know but you would have to make a lot of power to break one
I had to build one for the 6G72 RWD swap and I used a commercial grade plate that can be shaped

How much it will it cost to be made? What happen I guess was the torque converter lock up and the bolts broke and so did the flex plate. I dont know how because I am basically stock except for intake and aem tru boost runnig at 12 psi

they break from time to time, I have seen them put in doubled up but I dont think thats a good idea, if your stock, you should be fine with an OEM flexplate
It would require the pump to lock up to hold the torque converter, then you would be into trans repairs

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back