The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Evo brembo swap with jdm galant knuckles??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsbllfit7

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2009
Salem, Oregon
I recently purchased an evo brake setup with the galant knuckles. Just wanting to verify before the parts get here that installation is pretty simple for that method. Basically remove the stock knuckle and swap on the new one. Bolt everything back up like normal, bolt the rotor and caliper on and good to go. (obviously this is a condensed version). Just wanting to verify before the parts get in!

did a little searching, look what I found:

Well lets see so far:

4 Brembo calipers from Ebay - $330 shipped (Guy had ten sets available didn't realize that $300 for all fours was a low price. I got lucky)
4 Slotted Rotors/4 sets of Pads from www.rotorpros.com- $325 shipped (Was sketchy about the cheap price but read MANY posts on evolutionm.net stating these rotors have held up to 30k-40k miles.)
4 corner stainless steel lines/brake fluid from GRUPPE-S - $109 shipped
2 Galant knuckles from mitsumissile on here with abs sensors - $515 shipped
Caliper pins and clips to hold in the brake pads that didn't come with the calipers from www.jnztuning.com - $61

I am figuring another $50 for miscellaneous items to complete the job.

Total- $1390
I hope to sell my stock setup to recoupe. I think after 10 years I needed to replace the rotors, pads, and rebuild the calipers anyway.

great thread: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/handling-tech/297713-evo-viii-brakes-my-2g.html

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

a list of parts you need.

knuckle part number: MR369425 & MR369426

The whole point of the JDM galant knuckles is so that its all bolt on, obviously you know that, that's what makes this so easy. If the knuckles are old, I would replace the balljoints too.

So in my kit I purchased all 4 calipers and rotors as well as pads and steel brake lines. The pins or whatever they are for the pads are in the kit as well. I also purchased the knuckles but I'm not sure about the abs sensor. Would the knuckles l likely come with those. And also my kit should be looking pretty good it sounds like rifht?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

So i just talked to the person i bought the kit from and the knuckles dont have the sensors in them. Are they the same sensor from my 2g knuckles??? Just trying to see what else i may need to finish this up once the parts get in.

I recently purchased an evo brake setup with the galant knuckles. Just wanting to verify before the parts get here that installation is pretty simple for that method. Basically remove the stock knuckle and swap on the new one. Bolt everything back up like normal, bolt the rotor and caliper on and good to go. (obviously this is a condensed version). Just wanting to verify before the parts get in!

If you didn't buy new hub bearings you will need to press your old ones out and press them back in the new knuckles.

I had to rent a hub bearing puller from Advance Auto. Pretty quick and easy.

From all of the write ups that I've read on this, you should also replace the brake master cylinder too. The total piston area of the brembos is larger than the factory 2G calipers, making the pedal very heavy and unresponsive. I see people using a 1 1/8" MBC

Last edited:
From all of the write ups that I've read on this, you should also replace the brake master cylinder too. The total piston area of the brembos is larger than the factory 2G calipers, making the pedal very heavy and unresponsive. I see people using a 1 1/8" MBC

OMG good point.. and what about wheel bearings? Can someone please post up a complete list of parts (possibly with part#'s, year make and model of JDM/USDM parts.. yes even the optional parts.. please?) so that those that are interested can just print out a "shopping list"? :aha:

Hey guys, does anyone know the OEM JDM ABS sensor part number?
I have the JDM knuckles already and all I need are sensors and mitsumissile PM box is full

Anyone?

I used US wheel bearings and they work fine. As far as ABS sensors goes I do not remember, you should be able to use the US kit if I am not mistaken.

I tried contacting MITSUMISSILE myself, but his inbox is full. I need a pair of JDM galant knuckles and no idea where i can get a set.

MR369425 - left knuckle
MR369426 - right knuckle
MR370907 - left ABS sensor
MR370908 - right ABS sensor

I tried contacting MITSUMISSILE myself, but his inbox is full. I need a pair of JDM galant knuckles and no idea where i can get a set.
RTM carries them.

I'm not sure of the generation but they're the Japanese/European version of the N.American 2g knuckle. (The Japanese/Euro vehicles came with Brembo calipers stock). All the physical aspects match the N.American knuckle with the exception of the caliper mounting ears spacing. We've sold a bunch of them to local guys that are now running EVO8-9 front brakes. They're absolutely known to work exactly as expected. We have the N.America knuckles and the JDM knuckles here on the premises and an examination of them side-by-side confirms all.

Yes, and RTM carries those as well but they're a less than ideal solution since you need to remove some metal from the calipers (and in some cases, thread one of the holes in the knuckle) to accomodate the bracket.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back