The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Partial emissions delete?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anokh3

Probationary Member
Jun 9, 2010
N. Kingsville, Ohio
I want to clean up the engine bay. I've seen tons of threads w/the diagrams and what not, but I was wondering if I could tackle this over the course of some time (I work slowly, since I learn as I go). Can I remove some of the hoses and cap them off without completing the whole thing in one sitting or would there be a problem driving around like that? I couldn't find anything through the search about what you can remove / what would be the consequences if you only remove some of it at a time. I don't mean to turn it into a huge debate, just wondering if anyone thinks it would be alright to remove some vacuum hoses / cap them off without doing it all at once. Hope its not too stupid of a question, and thanks in advance!

The only stupid question is the question not asked. for your emissions delete, what are you planning on deleting. I take it that your gonna remove and cap off the vaccumm lines on your tb, remove all your emission sensors with the vaccumm lines. are you going to be removing the EGR valve and using a plate to block it off. if your gonna do just the emissions delete, i suggest to just do it all at once. it shouldnt take long to delete everything.

Do it all at once... If you have concerns, perform a boost leak test after each delete.

EGR removal will buy you the most new found space.

Not trying to revive a dead thread but i have a similar question. I just bought another 2g turbo throttle body as mine has major boost leaks. I want to do delete emissions but I wont have time to really work on it till next week. i would like to have the ports welded closed while its currently off the car. if I weld them and put the tb on can I leave the vac lines just hanging there unplugged without any issues until next week when I can yank all the emissions crap. Any help is appreciated

I'm new this but AS I read and re-read the diagrams I don't believe you can just leave the hoses hanging because that would cause a vac. leak but a thought would be to put a screw in the lines so you are blocking off the vac leak. Correct me if I'm wrong. everyone

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back