Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > General > Newbie Forum
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Newbie Forum: Beginner/newbie/general DSM modification questions. First mods, how to run 10's when you haven't run 12's yet, any tech question that doesn't fit in another tech forum. Probationary Members must limit their tech posts to this forum and sub-forums.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2010, 08:16 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 239
Photos: 10
Classifieds Rating: 12
Send a message via Yahoo to dsmTripp
Question

new york state inspection and error codes

ok so for all of you that live in great ol ny know how much of a pain this state is and when it comes to our cars they are no exception.
need my car inspected but i am throwing codes
Car is a 97 GST Spyder that is a little from being stock

so here is the list
P0141 O2 sensor heater bank 1 sensor 2
is this meaning the second O2 sensor or no?
P0443 emission control system purge valve c fault
this one i have no idea
P0403 EGR flow circuit malfunction
again no idea
the other 2 codes are
P1104
P1105

I Live in the Watertown/ Carthage area so if any body knows anything that will help me please send the info or ideas
thank you

Last edited by dsmTripp; 07-18-2010 at 08:20 PM. Reason: added car year and model
Visit dsmTripp's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:06 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 136
Photos: 23
Classifieds Rating: 0
Send a message via AIM to project1g Send a message via MSN to project1g Send a message via Yahoo to project1g
P1104- Manufacture fuel/air metering malfunction mine ended up being the wastegate solenoid, mine was completely missing, have you been having any boost/fuel cut issues? If so then theres most likely something wrong with the solenoid be it not there or leaking somehow... The o2 sensor would be the second one in my opinion seeing as how it says sensor 2 :P

The P0443 and the P0403 are usually related to mismatched vaccum lines coming off of the EGR valve in my experience... And to be honest with you, emissions inspections suck I'm a month late on mine... I'm ready for the big fine lol

The P1105 is the Fuel pressure solenoid, which is usually 9 times out of 10 in relation to the 1104 it also shows as a Manufacture fuel/air metering malf. Just find someone with those solenoids and try them if it still doesn't work you may have the vaccum lines switched up... Just call your local Mitsu parts department and ask for 15-710 (at least thats what my sheet says) Or just an emission controll print off it shows where all of the vaccum lines should be and which solenoids they hook up to. If you need a new solenoid for the Wastegate the PN is MD145201
The Fuel pressure solenoid I didn't get the part number but on the diagram is listed as 12421S
Hope that helps man I'm still tryin' to fix mine so I can get it inspected
Visit project1g's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 08-04-2010, 07:50 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

Car: AWD 90 Dodge Colt 4G63T
Tech Posts: 2,589
Photos: 6
Classifieds Rating: 4
Reputation: Colt4G63 also is extremely helpful and trustworthyColt4G63 also is extremely helpful and trustworthyColt4G63 also is extremely helpful and trustworthy
If all else fails, you can bring it to my shop: Dayo's Garage 15 Fillmore Ave. Tonawanda NY 14150
View photos of this member's car 

Old 08-04-2010, 08:06 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 7
You could bite the long run bullet and get ECMLink. Along side of fixing the problems the car may have certain things you modify which will never pass inspection can be overlooked by Link.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:49 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

wondering where you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt4G63 also View Post
If all else fails, you can bring it to my shop: Dayo's Garage 15 Fillmore Ave. Tonawanda NY 14150
where re you in relation to me?

i recieved my fuel pressure solenoid and threw it back on
cleared my codes and went for a drive around 36 miles and no check engine light came one but when i check for codes two came up dont remember what they were but i was basically checking to see if the sensors were ready and 3-4 werent ready so hopefully when i got to get it inspected tomorrow sensors will all be ready with no check engine light so i can pass but if it doesnt they said i should get a 10 day pas so i can drive legally so then i will explore all my options as to getting it inspected to

so ~ Colt4g63 how are you going to be able to get my car inspected at your garage because if it doesn pass tomorrow i might make a drive with the 10 day and come and see you

Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Non-Supporting Vendor

Slowboy Racing 

Tech Posts: 1,081
Photos: 9
Classifieds Rating: 24
Send a message via AIM to SBR Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt at STM View Post
You could bite the long run bullet and get ECMLink. Along side of fixing the problems the car may have certain things you modify which will never pass inspection can be overlooked by Link.
BANG! haha this is what i was going to suggest since you can shut all those BS emissions codes off with link.
Visit SBR Joe's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 08-05-2010, 04:32 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

Reputation: Colt4G63 also is extremely helpful and trustworthyColt4G63 also is extremely helpful and trustworthyColt4G63 also is extremely helpful and trustworthy
If your car is "little from stock", then it shouldn't take much to make it function within normal parameters, and therefore pass.

You will only recieve a ten day sticker from the DMV when you first register your car; inspection shops do not hand them out.

I was just up by you two weeks ago rafting the Salmon River. You would go south on the I-81 to the I-90, and west on the I-90 to the I-290 north (Niagara Falls). Follow the I-290 about 4 miles and get off at the 425 (Colvin) and drive north to Fillmore Ave. and go left. I'm at the end of the street. 15 Fillmore Ave. If you have any questions, Google maps is awesome. You probably would have about a two hour drive.

Last edited by Colt4G63 also; 08-05-2010 at 05:35 AM. Reason: punctuaton

Old 08-05-2010, 03:57 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

didnt pass

[QUOTE=Colt4G63 also;152273978]If your car is "little from stock", then it shouldn't take much to make it function within normal parameters, and therefore pass.

QUOTE]
well went today and the shop said i probably wouldnt pass that and when they try to pull it in to actually hook it up to see they couldnt with out tearing the bottom of my car out so he pretty much said he couldnt do anything for me and go some place else. though he did say to go to a junk yard adn use windex and a razor blade and get a sticker from a wrecked car but i didnt hear that from him as he said that and thats only temperary. as in if i get pulled over and they actually scan it im screwd. I also heard that the inspection info actually goes into the dmv's data base now so i dont know if that means if a cop following you can run your plates and see your inspection is good or not

ok as for set up i got fmic, bigger turbo, greddy blow off, hks evc5, apexi safcII aem uego wide band,.
and when i got the car all the vac lines were caped off at the throtle body and some stuff taken off one being the fuel pressure solenoid but i replaced that.
i dont know if i could go on a 2 hour drive with an inspection sticker that expired nov09. so sad ny suxs

Last edited by dsmTripp; 08-05-2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: adding more info and spelling correction

Old 08-11-2010, 05:33 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 136
Photos: 23
Classifieds Rating: 0
Send a message via AIM to project1g Send a message via MSN to project1g Send a message via Yahoo to project1g
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt at STM View Post
My car is nowhere near modified enough lol. HOWEVER if you delete the emissions codes won't that affect the performance of the vehicle? or would it enhance? and would the sections such as catalyst systems and missfire detection as well as the other systems required for the emissions inspection show up as ready or would it be one of those things where since they aren't there they would read as not ready?
Visit project1g's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 08-11-2010, 05:43 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Proven Member

I just went up there rafting again last Sunday, and I was mistaken, it's actually three hours.

If you change your mind about the drive keep in mind it's all interstate, so you probably won't have to worry about the sticker that much.

Do you still have a converter? If you do, I don't see much else on your mod list that implies your car can't easilly pass emissions with a few minor repairs.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:29 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 819
Photos: 4
Classifieds Rating: 3
Send a message via AIM to GSXSixteenG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt4G63 also View Post
I just went up there rafting again last Sunday, and I was mistaken, it's actually three hours.

If you change your mind about the drive keep in mind it's all interstate, so you probably won't have to worry about the sticker that much.

Do you still have a converter? If you do, I don't see much else on your mod list that implies your car can't easilly pass emissions with a few minor repairs.
What part of the Salmon River colt? That runs up in the neck of my home town. Watertown is about 2.5-3hr hike. It's about 45 mins north of Syracuse. I drive through it everytime I visit my mother.

What kind of wonders could you do on a no start problem for me?

Old 08-11-2010, 07:08 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXSixteenG View Post
What part of the Salmon River colt? That runs up in the neck of my home town. Watertown is about 2.5-3hr hike. It's about 45 mins north of Syracuse. I drive through it everytime I visit my mother.

What kind of wonders could you do on a no start problem for me?
We pull the rafts out in Pulaski, so it's a little south of Watertown.

Ha ha ha, no start you say? Well, just an example: I had a car come in last week that hadn't seen fuel pressure in three years. The guy had it registered and insured the whole time so it could sit in his driveway. He had numerous buddies, and one shop try to fix it for him. They even installed a new BBK fuel pump.

It took me half an hour to get it running. It was an 89 Mustang GT, and the fuel pump relay (under the driver seat) was fused shut, and the power wire had corroded off of it while it sat for three years.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:13 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #13 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Car: Toyota Prius
Tech Posts: 16
If you would choose up something about this one, why not try to have to check it to a new york auto repair shop in order to really verify it for the long run. In that way, things could have been very much good and well for the next time that happen.

Last edited by armandjones82; 03-04-2011 at 09:55 PM.